Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Got 3.8mm from that rain fall today. Currently 6.1c which is the high for the day so far. Rain stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

4C, 2mm seems to be stopping.

I didn't even look to see if there was sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

cleared up about two hours ago. currently the temperature is 2.1c. there should be a touch of frost before the next front arrives later on this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

4c. The front has cleared. Clearing skies reveal a lovely bright full moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Thats some rain coming over later on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Calm with some high hazy cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ice ice baby out, currently 1.4°C Weird ice patterns on my skylights upstairs.
    Would NOT like to be driving this morning.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Now -0.3°C and frosty as heck out.
    My mean temperature this month so far is a fairly chilly 2.9°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Min of 0.4c last night, on the rise and up to 5.4c now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damp and dull.

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Ice ice baby out, currently 1.4°C Weird ice patterns on my skylights upstairs.
    Would NOT like to be driving this morning.
    Tell me about it.
    I went out my gate at about 830am and 4 cars passed at walking pace they were so slow.
    I knew it was going to be tricky when I had to yank the doors open as they were stuck with ice.
    Anyhow I went up the road to turn right for the N11 at a crossroads when I spun right round in a circle on the ice!
    Luckilly I have abs and I was only doing about 5mph at the time so it was ok.

Different climate up there clearly. Twas overcast all night here by the look and feel of it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Seems like different country here today!

Wet - (24 hour total) 5.1mm : Windy - (gusting) 35mph : Warm - 7.5c atm.

Min. overnight +1.0c.

Looking forward to the return of cold weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

6.0c here and bucketing rain. My worst type of weather (apart from damp, mild muck...)

The same, we've has a few hours of heavy rain with some windy spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

Overcast with a slight breeze. Rain is on it's way. South Dublin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gerbud wrote: »
    Rain is on it's way. South Dublin.

:confused:

24hr total here at 7.2mm 8.8c atm - by far the highest temp of the month so far :( just don't want to breach the 10c mark.

11.7mm rain here today, pretty cool and damp out, currently 7.9°C and rising.

Aggghhh - 10.0c

10c is my 'mild' marker - don't like seeing it bewteen the start of December and end of February! Had been doing so well!

Light rain.

Noting exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Temp double figures, first time for 2 weeks, today's rain nearly double figures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Bucketing in the north east and has been since this morning...eased up bit earlier but back with a vengeance now. At least it's not cold...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

Its just raining here in Norfolk at the moment with a cold strong wind. I got to take the dogs out in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

14.8 mm of rain since 10 am ,

Temp 6.3c and falling .

Rain got heavy for a while back to light muck.

Think this is the mildest its been all month so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

9.0c here and raining lightly.

I may be risking a ban for saying this but its actually nice to step outside and not freeze your t**ts off!! At least here anyway!

A

Agreed arctictree, but getting soaked isnt much fun either!!
    16.5mm rain here. Temp stabilised at 9.3°C, should fall from here on i think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Heavy rain, flooding.

9.7c atm. Maxed today at 10.2c. Still raining, 10.2mm since 11am.

I see from Met E, the average temp for Casement so far this Decemeber is just 2.0c - that has to be pretty exceptional for 11 days (80sish).

• Advertisement

Getting some very heavy rain now.

Advertisement