Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tipping down, dunno where this has come from.

Same here - just gone very dark-lashing rain and windy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Rain has arrived here too. Noting too heavy atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Windy and wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Current temp 11.0c and winds increasing. Just come back from walk with the dogs and it was lovely.:D

Currently gusting to over 55mph, some of the strongest winds this winter so far.

• Advertisement

No such excitement down here, pretty quiet, cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

mike65 wrote: »
    No such excitement down here, pretty quiet, cloudy.

:D Mike. Are you expecting any winds down your way at all? I think it will be worse further north.

Temp now risen to 11.6c with winds gusting over 60mph, strongest gust 63.6mph to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Some very strong gusts over the last couple of hours. current temperature is 10.7

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Really windy here, leaves blowing everywhere and the noise from the trees outside is nothing short of deafening. Just the odd spit of rain in the wind though not even enough to dampen the ground. Temperature is 10.9°C, bleugh is all I can say!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Supercell wrote: »
    Really windy here, leaves blowing everywhere and the noise from the trees outside is nothing short of deafening. Just the odd spit of rain in the wind though not even enough to dampen the ground. Temperature is 10.9°C, bleugh is all I can say!
    Not often temp is higher in Annamoe than lowlands during day.

No rain, couple gusts above 40mph

BTW, inland gale at Casement - mean of 39mph/62km/h

• Advertisement

The wind has picked up in a gusty fashion. Chilly raw feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Wind has really picked up here in the last hour. Not raining but very dark.

Kinda windy but nothing exceptional-30 to 35mph

Mostly cloudy but with breaks..enough to see the sun set this evening!

11.3c

Drizzling here last couple of hours, enough to register on the aws, just about 0.3mm precip.
    Windy drizzle is muck to be out in, simple as.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Gusty strong wind with drizzly muck.

12.9C
    Highest of month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A staggering 13°c forecast for the sunny south east tomorrow. :D. 11°c in Dublin atm.

12.8C atm :)

Still have that drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

8.3C
    4.1mm of rain fell overnight

• Advertisement

Brightening up and postively warm ;)

13.5C

Just back from a spin on the rothar around Rathdrum, Rathnew, Ashford and Roundwood. Interesting changes in conditions. From just outside Rathdrum to Rathnew there was light rain, Ashford had light drizzle, Roundwood was dry, then light drizzle just outside Roundwood and dry here with just a few spots of drizzle. Could see towards Wicklow town beaks in the cloud even. Very localised conditions this afternoon.
    Currently its 11.5°C and overcast here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,518 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Well I'm not in Ireland but it is a record cold -12 C where I live on the usually mild west coast of Canada. Sun has not risen here yet, it is clear with a strong east wind and it probably feels like -25 C outside but I will test that later perhaps. Okay, back to reality now ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Supercell wrote: »
    Just back from a spin on the rothar around Rathdrum, Rathnew, Ashford and Roundwood. Interesting changes in conditions. From just outside Rathdrum to Rathnew there was light rain, Ashford had light drizzle, Roundwood was dry, then light drizzle just outside Roundwood and dry here with just a few spots of drizzle. Could see towards Wicklow town beaks in the cloud even. Very localised conditions this afternoon.
    Currently its 11.5°C and overcast here.

Pretty much the same as here SC, drizzle, damp gloom and disgustingly mild. I hate this type of weather and I really am getting sick of this constant dripping dampness. I can't go the back yard without bring half of it back in with me as it is just sludge at this stage. Last time I even seen my front path dry, not mind the roads, was september. A depressing site and I am sick of it. :mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mucky stuff all right. 12.2c here with misty/drizzly stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Mild and damp.
    12.3C
    1021.7mb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Decking has been wet for the last month. Moss is gathering too, it's only one section of decking up to the patio door, but goes to show if left untreated in this weather. I'm gonna have to drill some holes in it to aid it drying properly. Dam these short evenings. :mad:

Mostly cloudy. Not as mild as earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

cloudy, with a breeze and quite mild. god i can't wait till the cold returns to replace this dreary muck.

Advertisement