Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

cloudy, with a breeze and quite mild. god i can't wait till the cold returns to replace this dreary muck.
    I second that Nacho, this weather is starting to get boring at this point!
    Currently 10.3°C, overcast , breezy..crapola
    A change is coming though....

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I love the mild! :D Overcast and er mild.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

@Mike65 - get out of it!:)

Just hit 13.0c here:rolleyes: Bring back the cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

A bit of sunshine
    14C +

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

mike65 wrote: »
    I love the mild! :D Overcast and er mild.
    Boo hiss, down with sort of thing :)

Reached 13.0C
    12.7C atm.
    Overcast drizzly mild yuck :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well now that I have a weather station I can actually post in this thread :D

Overcast 12.8C wind gusting to 15mph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sunny at the moment but temps at -1C (feels like -24C) :/
    A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS... MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.

<3 weather service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Damp greyness.

About 2 hours sun, screen max of 14.3C.
    this is really ruining the average...

13.2C atm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Reached 13.4c here today........booo!

• Advertisement

Car saying 13C.

Madness for December!

Wouldn't mind it so much if we had some significant rain, but this cloudy mild muck is doing my head in and according to Met we are stuck with this till Christmas.
    MONDAY NIGHT, TUESDAY, TUESDAY NIGHT : Fairly mild overall, with mostly southerly winds. A good deal of cloud. Dry in most areas - but some small amounts of rain in places, mainly over the western half of the country. Highs on Tuesday around 7 to 10 C. Probably frost-free both nights (though under any cloud breaks it could turn cold enough for some patchy fog or frost - mainly Tuesday night, by which stage the winds will have largely died away). WEDNESDAY (CHRISTMAS EVE), THURSDAY (CHRISTMAS DAY) : Mainly dry, quiet and settled. Variable cloud cover, probably brighter overall. Turning a bit colder, however, with fog and frost in places at night - overnight fog could be slow to clear by day also.

I suppose we can look forward to some frost later in the week.

Got cold there for a while, temp dropped to 12.9C :rolleyes:

Now 13.6C

Must point out that, nothing unusual with 14C during winter whether we like it or not.

I do think it serves to make sure we appreciate the frost even more when it does come

summary.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Max of 12.9c which is the highest I've had this December. This "mild" is not extraordinary either. I don't mind getting it now if it means a snowfest after Christmas. Here's Hoping :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Snowbie wrote: »
    down with this sort of thing :)

Careful now..:P
    Snowbie wrote:
    Drizzly muck rubbish that makes me just want to puke my guts out

Same here Karl. Disgusting and utterly relentless. :(

:D

11.6C
    Still cloudy etc etc
    Max 13C

Jebus its warm! And clammy.

Still overcast. Where does this end!

Some breaks in thew cloud visible, maybe the sun will make a few brief appearances today, one lives in hope.
    Current temp 10.2°C. Monthly mean up to 4.8°C which is still 1°C cooler than last Decemeber

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Overcast and mild.

• Advertisement

Sun is shining in Dublin city center!

Lovely and sunny here in Wicklow too, makes a nice change!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lovely sunny day here. Pity the sun is so low in the sky. 10.6c ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

nice day here ,but too mild ,i want cold weather back ,frost frost frost :pac: :p

Cloudy damp morning is clearing to sun. Mild.

Sunny and mild
    Wind light SW
    11.6C
    1031.9mb

Down to 9.3c dry and breezy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very mild 11C
    been like this for a few days now, remember that most days of November, December, January and February last year and the year before were this were mild like today and sometimes milder even.

Cooler than recently this evening, that said, it's still 6.3°C, cant believe that seems like cool in late December!

• Advertisement

Cloud has returned!

Advertisement