Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

DOCARCH wrote: »
    -2.5c atm. Sun about to pop up. 1039mb

Frost/low temps seems to be quite localised? NRA at Sandyford is reporting +1.5c (this is only a mile away from me).
    Coldest temp in the Dublin region I can see on the NRA site is Blanchardstown at 0.8°C, so there must be a bit of a breeze up there in the big smoke.
    Maybe you just happen to be very sheltered..or your station is under-reading, is it very low down perhaps?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    .....or your station is under-reading, is it very low down perhaps?

How very dare you......:D:D:D Mine is fine - all tally (have 2 electronic and 1 mercury).

It's just a shelter thing I'd say. I was looking at temps overnight and a couple of times they shot up 2 to 3 degrees with any little bit of breeze.

Still -2.5c btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

9am screen obs,
    Current temp -4.0C lowest on record at 9am

Min -4.6C
    Grass min -11.1C
    Both lowest on record for Dec, (Air 1999, grass since 2002)

AWS currently -4.5C, a little lower down the field hence the half degree difference

I was just out taking pictures in that lovely orange dawn light and its the first time I can recall where even though the sun is blazing on the fields and trees, that there is no drip drip of melting, surfaces must be very very cold.
    Overnight low was -3.9°C
    If it stays clear tonight, who knows how low it could go :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I got down to -2.4C but the sun has come out and the thaw is rapid here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Lots of frost :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brrrrrrrrrr.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still -1.8c at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

A few different lows from here,
    I got Min of 0.7C, 1.2C and 0C from various 4' sensors imby.
    The 0C is the one that was most sheltered out of wind.

4.9C and rising fast on my VP2 24hr FARS
    3.1C on the other VP2
    1.7C in the sheltered (out of wind) Temp/hum station

Wind continued light easterly overnight but when it died down the temp also followed
    Wind is now stronge breeze east and temp rising fast again now.

-1.3c at 1030

• Advertisement

AWS above zero at 10:20.
    2.0C atm

5.8C and steady

From S Dub south over Wicklow, the wind seems to be non evident off the sea than up here 5-10mph East wind a blowing but a wind chill on it now.

-0.4c at 1100

@Snowbie - yeah not a breath of wind or air here this morning. Last recorded 'wind' at 0245 at 0.8mph.

Temperature finally reached zero here. Fields that have been in the sun all morning still white, amazing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

-0.4c here ATM. Overnight low of -3.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Min of -0.6C overnight here, the 3rd air frost of the season. Everything still frozen over

Clear and sunny
    6.4C atm
    Dp 3.6C
    82% RH
    1036.9mb
    Wind East 5mph

5.5c atm - wind 8.1mph E - 1038mb

4.9c now after a high of 5.6c

Frost remains in the shade here. There is a bit of breeze now which will keep temperatures from falling as low as last night. If it drops after dark i'd say -5°C is on the cards here.
    Current temperature 4.4°C falling.

Nice sunny afternoon here. Some cloud starting to roll in from Irish sea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Current conditions as of 1540

Sun shining, no cloud, odd bit of frost lying around
    +2.5c
    Calm
    1000mb

Clear and breezy
    5.4C
    84%
    Dp 3.0C
    1035.9mb
    Wind east c10mph

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

My temp is dropping like a stone since the Sun has started setting

7.5C max
    6.4hrs sunniest Dec day on record
    ATM
    4.9C falling slowly in NNE breeze which will probably keep air temp above zero tonight.

That cloud is really starting to thicken up now especially over the Dublin area. Can Snowbie confirm?

About 6 octas cloud here now and a light breeze. Dissapointing, satellite images before dark didnt show any cloud approaching so it must be home grown :(
    Still think a frost is possible though and if it happens will be pretty hard due to the wind.
    Currently 2.8°C

Current conditions as of 1650

Clear skies, sun has set
    +1.5C | FALLING RAPIDLY
    Calm
    1000mb |steady

Seems to be breaking up again and there is a lot of clearness on the Irish sea. Supercell its heading your direction. Not sure it will make it over the mountains though.

Current conditions as of 1700

Dry, clear skies
    +1.5C|FALLING RAPIDLY
    Calm
    1000mb |Steady

• Advertisement

Current conditions as of 1730

Dry, dark, clear
    +1.0c|Falling
    Calm