Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Snowbie wrote: »
    5.1C
    wind east 7-9mph

I'm about 40 miles from you Snowbie and am currently showing -1.5c here. Big temp differential there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Current conditions as of 1920 28/12/2008

Same
    +1.0c |Steady
    Slight chilly breeze

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-0.6c here now - no wind recorded since 1630.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Snowbie wrote: »
    5.1C
    wind east 7-9mph

Sorry, what was that you said Karl?:D:D:D:D

0.7c here and beginning to fall now.

Edit. Make that 0.4c..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

arctictree wrote: »
    I'm about 40 miles from you Snowbie and am currently showing -1.5c here. Big temp differential there.
    Much closer to the coast and exposed to the wind which is persisting again off the sea. Myself and the station at Howth are experiencing the modified wind being blown onshore. This is the second night in a row this has happened while trogdor and MM have gone below or close to 0C.

WD.gif

Out in Malahide park earlier and it was dead calm there but wind has picked back up here. Top right has the wind graph and middle graph the direction.

• Advertisement

Sorry, what was that you said Karl?:D:D:D:D

0.7c here and beginning to fall now.

Edit. Make that 0.4c..
    Need to reduce the font of my text to save power as the batteries where wasting at the time, have since changed them :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-1.0c atm

Wind has picked up here. 4kmph easterly. Temp has risen to 0c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

0.1c, come onnnnnnnnn 0!!

0c! :D

Edit, -0.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Calm as calm can be with a hard frost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Current conditions as of 2100 - 28/12/2008

No change
    +0.5c | Steady
    Slight chilly breeze

-1.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

+2.7c with a +0.7cDP

-1.1c
    DP -2.9c

-2c now

4.7C and gale force easterly, well gusting off a warm sea at 12mph with a noticable wind chill
    Also partly cloudy and overcast at one stage but temp remained constant.
    Dp 2.1C
    1027.7mb

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Currently -2.4°C , hasnt moved for the last three hours. Clear skies and little or no wind.
    Interesting drive home, lots of ice on the roads. Was -4.5°C just before Annamoe and higher up in Calary was only 0.0°C, but thats far more exposed and despite being high up (circa 300 metres) rarely is as cold as lower down.
    Interesting variences on nights like tonight were radiative cooling can lead to big variences over small distances. Even on Kilmacanogue on the M50 the air as reading -2.0°C and was foggy/smoggy..not very nice at all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

-2.8c

+0.6c here atm. Min overnight -2.4c 1027mb

Had subzero temps for 14 hours so there is a really hard and white forst about. Temp went above freezing at 8am after the dastardly esat breeze kicked in - up to 8mph

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Was a good hard frost when i went to bed, now that I'm up for work its overcast and all my frost has gone. :(

• Advertisement

Low of 3.0C in a biting wind thats still there.
    Partly cloudy
    Dp 2C
    1027.4mb

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Overnight low of -3.2°C Currently 0.2°C rising slowly. Everything white with frost which is slow to clear as there is no sun and no wind.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Slate gray, no wind.

Currently 2.1c
    DP 0.1c

Low of -4.4c at 7.51am

Very cold day here. Max so far of 2.6c. Currently 2.4c and cloudy.

3.0c here atm. Max today 4.3c A good cold day.

100% clould cover atm with light S/SE wind so possibly not as cold tonight unless cloud cover breaks up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Astonishingly dark day. Raw. I want to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Looking at the Six One news and there was a report from Cappoquin, Waterford. There appeared to be wet snow falling there.

Here today I got a max of 2.6c - the weather page reports higher as I was servicing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

My temp has been solid at 2C for hours now, feels cold in the breeze.

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    My temp has been solid at 2C for hours now, feels cold in the breeze.
    Mine has been stuck at 4.x for days.
    4.3C atm
    Max 5.0C but that at 3am
    Cloudy all day and for the first time my Dp has subzero'd.
    Wind strong SE'ly breeze

Advertisement