Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows mobile wifi

• 01-12-2008 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

can i connect to my home wireless router via my windows mobile phone with wifi enabled?

if so , how :)

thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Turn on the wifi on the phone.
    Windows mobile should pop up any available wireless networks, select your one, and put in the password.

Surf the web etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

when i tap "wifi: off" it changes to "wifi: unavailiable"
    once it popped up with three networks belonging to the building i was in, but that was once only...

So its not pickin up your network at all?

If you go to settings -> connections -> wifi, you can add your network name and password manually. That way if it does see your network it should connect automatically.

Im not sure why it says unavailable.. that to me suggests its not pickin up the wireless at all. If its close enough to the router that it definatly should be picking it up, my only guess would be that windows mobile doesnt support the encryption on your wireless, and hence doesnt show it up at all, but thats only a guess.

Maybe try takin off the encryption on your wireless (provided you know how to put it back on again) for a few mins and try connect with your phone then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

like, ok, i'm using a laptop fine, should it pick up the signal seeing as laptop does?

i don't know how to take the encryption off....

Ok, well assuming that youve never messed around with the setting of your wireless router, im guessing its a WEP key you have. Which doesnt help explain why it cant see it.
    Eircom routers are standard WEP key encrypted. So are NTLs netgear routers (both assuming you got your ISP (internet service provider) to setup your wireless). And WEP key encrypted wirelesses work on Windows mobile.

Have you ever connected to any other wireless network on your phone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement