Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First day of summer!

Options
  • 01-12-2008 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently 1st December is the first day of summer. I'm finding this backwards Christmas so hard to adjust too. Recovering from sunburn on the first day of December just seems wrong. I was in the post office the other day in a little skirt and t-shirt and I was still really warm. I noticed a calendar on the wall that said 28 November and Christmas decorations everywhere and I had a few seconds of pure confusion. It was quite surreal.

Anyone else having trouble adjusting to the summer/Christmas thing.

Happy first day of summer everyone! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

this is my 4th Oz summer so when it is 32c out I don't mind the weather at all

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yeah it is weird :) Really good though, I thought that Wellington winter would never end...great to finally be out in a tshirt! Beers outside are starting to become regular which is excellent too, feels like BBQs and deck parties are going to be actual regular occourances instead of once in a blue moon in an Irish summer :)

Advertisement