Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermostatic Radiator Valves

Options
  • 01-12-2008 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get these fitted to 11 rads in my house. Can anyone give me an idea of how much it will cost to get this done please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

We normally charge about fourthy euro per valve ,supply and fit. Maybe a little less with 11 in total.
    More if the pipework is GB (Steel).

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Is that eighty euro pwer rad then?

No ,thermostat supply and fit for 40

You would only change the radiator valve ,if it was old or broken. There are some excellent rad valves that last ,it would be a waste to change them.
    Changing Rad valves would probably make the price 50 euro per rad.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Thanks 311

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

311 wrote: »
    We normally charge about fourthy euro per valve ,supply and fit. Maybe a little less with 11 in total.

that seems rather excessive - what make of valve are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

Sounds reasonable enough to me there’s nearly a days work there

that seems rather excessive - what make of valve are they?

You can't just change valves and walk away ,the system may well have to be balanced when the job is done.
    I only use danfoss trv's or occasionally Myson trv's.

Edit: I've never got any work on boards and if I ever aim to ,I'll register under our company name and pay for advertising.

Also ,if your getting this done it would be good to put in some cleaner a few days before the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

You can't just change valves and walk away ,the system may well have to be balanced when the job is done.
    I only use danfoss trv's or occasionally Myson trv's.

Edit: I've never got any work on boards and if I ever aim to ,I'll register under our company name and pay for advertising.

Also ,if your getting this done it would be good to put in some cleaner a few days before the job.

Excuse my ignorance here and probably a silly question but if I put some sort of cleaner into the system a few days before getting the job done, where will all the black gunk, slime, dirt, whatever you want to call it, end up?

If your getting thermostats on all the rads ,then you have to drain the heating system down.
    Thats what makes putting cleaner in beneficial beforehand:)

Advertisement