Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler takes about 15/20 mins to start in cold weather

Options
  • 01-12-2008 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Is this a common thing? Over the weekend I noticed that my heating would not come on straight away. instead it would take about 15 - 20 mins to kick in. Is this because it is frozen?

I have a thermostat/froststat on the boiler that will make it start up if the temperature drops to -5 degrees celcius.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

oil or gas boiler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

copper12 wrote: »
    oil or gas boiler

oil

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

either your frost stat is not working or the oil has frozen in the pipe work short answer
    If the frost stat is working and the system set up properly then in the weather we have had in the last few days you should not have any problems
    All zones satisfied minus 1 degrees outside then the boiler should come on and heat the water in the boiler to the temperature set on the boiler thermostat there should be a bypass to maintain minimal flow true the boiler
    Your oil boiler should come on straight away or lock out
    If it comes on after twenty minuets then the problem is not your boiler but the controls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

If you have gas oil, in this cold weather, the burner could come on and splutter, stop, and try to start again. This could happen a few times before it warms up and stays on. (It can even happen with kerosene)
    Jim.

Advertisement