Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All I want for Christmas is Your Da :D

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I honestly don't want anything. Just a nice, relaxing family Christmas like we have every year, I love Christmas at home. My brother will be in Australia for it this year so it's going to be a strange one without him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

This year is the first year my OH, my daughter and I are all living in the one house! We moved into our new house in September and now finally, we're in our first proper home together. So for me, Christmas this year is about all of us waking up on Christmas morning together. :D

I can't wait to see what Santa brings!!! and do the "Christmas morning gift opening" ceremonies all together at one time. We usually are all over the county for Christmas day so this year I cannot wait to be in one spot with the people that mean the most to me in the world. Maybe it will snow?? then it really would be the best Christmas of all time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I'm looking forward to waking up beside my OH on christmas morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I'm really getting into the spirit of things now, there was something about last Sunday that seemed Xmassy somehow!!

At the moment I'm loving buying the pressies for everybody; even the little shítty things; putting thought and time into them etc.

My granny is way better now, things were looking bad there for a while, so it'll be great to have her fit for Christmas.

Ilove all the nights out around Chritmas too, everybody is in such good form and so merry, its great:D

This is my first not single Christmas for a couple of years, which is nice but strange perhaps, still, hes back Christmas week and I can't wait to see him, and be with him and all the rest:D

I don't care what he gets for me for Christmas; I'm happy just to get him;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

i would like Shane Horgan for Christmas. *stares beseechingly up the chimney* PLEASE Santy please!

anyway failing that huge hairy beast of a man not being naked under my tree with a strategically placed bow i'm hugely looking forward to catching up with all my mates Stephens night. We're all scattered all over the globe but make the effort for this to be the one night a year when we're all together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,567 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

A new bed. Mine broke :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

maple wrote: »
    i would like Shane Horgan for Christmas. *stares beseechingly up the chimney* PLEASE Santy please!
    roflsnort :D

This Christmas I'm just looking forward to 'being'. I'll be with my family, both immediate and extended (there's gazillions in my step family) and it'll be great to catch up with everyone, eat too much, drink a little, watch lots of movies and spend some quality time with my bro.

2008 has been fairly crazy and a bit of a rollercoaster, and the Christmas holidays will be the first time I'll have had a chance to chillax properly in an age.

Should be glorious :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Spend time with the extended family. Drink all day with with said family, especially cousins and uncles. Tuck into some lovely Christmas dinner with my parents and brother. Not too bothered about presents this year. I'd love to get away with eating a load of crap and still making weight for trials after new years... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Study to get honors in my exams.

Then after my exams, a cool new Fender Telecaster guitar.
    Can't wait for that!!

Study to get honors in my exams.

Then after my exams, a cool new Fender Telecaster guitar.
    Can't wait for that!!

You better post pics in the instruments forum! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Parsley wrote: »
    You better post pics in the instruments forum! :)

I will once i get it...
    Though i'm looking to get this one...
    http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG01557
    Its pretty chill!! =D

I will once i get it...
    Though i'm looking to get this one...
    http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG01557
    Its pretty chill!! =D

Ah they're lovely instruments them Highway 1s! Nice colour too :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well seeing as I have 2 baby nieces celebrating their first Christmas this year, I'm looking forward being around the family even more than usual this year. Should be fun, even if they're too young to know what's going on.

And a late addition to my wishlist is an earlier appointment with my orthopaedic surgeon so he can operate on my knee and get me properly back on my feet again. Gonna be a very quiet Christmas this year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I had a knee operation (ACL recon) just before Christmas in 2002. Never looked back since.
    Its actually not such a bad time to get it done. Best of luck with it!

Zaph wrote: »
    Well seeing as I have 2 baby nieces celebrating their first Christmas this year, I'm looking forward being around the family even more than usual this year. Should be fun, even if they're too young to know what's going on.

And a late addition to my wishlist is an earlier appointment with my orthopaedic surgeon so he can operate on my knee and get me properly back on my feet again. Gonna be a very quiet Christmas this year. :(

what are you having done Zaph??

ACL?? In Santry??

Why don't you ring his secretary and ask her to ring you if he gets any cancellations between now and Xmas?? They'd be more than happy to fill the slot!!!

Cheers fits. I've actually had 7 knee ops already over the years (don't ask!), but this is something new (torn cartilage), and I have to wait until mid-January to see my surgeon. Wouldn't mind if it was before Christmas just to get it out of the way.

EDIT: He's in the Beacon manuka, and I'm on the cancellation list so hopefully something will come up sooner. I could possibly have gone somewhere else sooner, but given my past history I'd prefer to have teh same guy operate again.

Zaph wrote: »
    Cheers fits. I've actually had 7 knee ops already over the years (don't ask!), but this is something new (torn cartilage), and I have to wait until mid-January to see my surgeon. Wouldn't mind if it was before Christmas just to get it out of the way.

EDIT: He's in the Beacon manuka, and I'm on the cancellation list so hopefully something will come up sooner. I could possibly have gone somewhere else sooner, but given my past history I'd prefer to have teh same guy operate again.

I know whose doing your surgery nyehnyehnyehnyehnyehnyeh:D

Well you're in good hands!! And torn cartilage is pretty straight forward; I've seen guys walk out of theatre after a repair like that!! Very Small incisions too, and very little pain once the swelling subsides.

Best of luck with it!!

I know whose doing your surgery nyehnyehnyehnyehnyehnyeh:D

Wouldn't be a well known ex-swimmer you have in mind, would it?
    Well you're in good hands!! And torn cartilage is pretty straight forward; I've seen guys walk out of theatre after a repair like that!! Very Small incisions too, and very little pain once the swelling subsides.

Yeah, he put both knees back together a couple of years ago, so I know he's good. It's only a little job in comparison to the ones I've already had done. I've had one keyhole op before and I was grand in a couple of days, so I'd expect something similar. Doesn't add much to the impressive scars I already have there, which is a shame. I'm told chicks dig them. :D
    Best of luck with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

hoping for some snow, in the big apple, i am off on the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

My daughter's nearly 3, so this is the first Christmas that she has any sort of understanding about who/what Santa is. Can't wait for Christmas morning :)

Oh, and the materialistic Capricorn in me wants an iPhone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement