Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nancy's charging

Options
  • 01-12-2008 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Is it true last Sunday night (23rd) Nancy's charged 10 euro a head in ? And there was no entertainment, food etc.. to speak off. Just wondering as 2 people have told me this over the weekend. Also heard there were some rugby celebs there who refused to pay and went elsewhere. Do they have late drinking there now and are just gouging with this cover charge or is this just all made up ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Didn't hear anything but then again I never understood the facination with the place anyway. Total cattle market at the weekends and people queueing outside waiting to get in is a joke.

I would not queue there when it was free so I certainly would not pay €10 to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

those who go to nancy's deserve to get charged a tenner!

totally and utterly overrated place. i wouldn't go there if i they pay me a tenner to get in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

The music is good, the quality of the beer is poor and the staff treat non regulars very badly in my experience.

The customers are also extremely rude. I've ended up with my pint all down my front several times as ignorant people (ususally women) just bounce into you without batting an eyelid or even apologising. I have friends who insist on going there, so I will either go home or meet up with them somewhere else later. The same goes for the new Flannerys, on two recent occasions the beer was of such poor quality that I was almost sick drinking it. If I ever go there again I will strictly stick to bottled beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Love Nancys! Buy bottles or get spirits and problem solved. Havent heard of this anywhere else?
    To the OP, were the people who told you this drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I hate Nancy's. It's always too packed to be comfortable. I don't see what the draw is? I was in town last weekend and there was a queue of people outside wainting to get in. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    I hate Nancy's. It's always too packed to be comfortable. I don't see what the draw is? I was in town last weekend and there was a queue of people outside wainting to get in. Why?

The little nook at the back of the front bar is nice, Never had an issue with the beer there, though it is mainly overpacked.

Maybe charging €10 is no bad thing if there's more space inside there, it's €15 into Angel Lane and you can't get to a bar. That problem exists everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 codeblack

I hate nancys! whats up with the blacklight? A girl does not need everyone thinking she has dandruff all over her black top! And I agree about the new flannery's too, those places are so overrated. I like smyths, at least they get good music now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Never had any problems there, the bar staff/bouncers were really helpful when I had the hiccups

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

whats up with the blacklight? A girl does not need everyone thinking she has dandruff all over her black top!
    Some guys get off on that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Flaccus wrote: »
    Is it true last Sunday night (23rd) Nancy's charged 10 euro a head in ? And there was no entertainment, food etc.. to speak off. Just wondering as 2 people have told me this over the weekend. Also heard there were some rugby celebs there who refused to pay and went elsewhere. Do they have late drinking there now and are just gouging with this cover charge or is this just all made up ?

Don't think it's true on the night in question. I went there that Sunday at about 9 o'clock and left at about 10.30. There was no cover charge, and there was entertainment, Gonzo's Boogie Band I think they're called, they play every Sunday. I don't see why they would charge on a Sunday anyway as it's never too crowded, certainly wasn't crowded when I was there. Unless they began charging later on in the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

Nancy's is totally overated, always packed and also the beer is rotten. Hate the place. But all the BBBBBAAAAAA BBBBBBBBAAAAAAA's go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

gaf1983 wrote: »
    Don't think it's true on the night in question. I went there that Sunday at about 9 o'clock and left at about 10.30. There was no cover charge, and there was entertainment, Gonzo's Boogie Band I think they're called, they play every Sunday. I don't see why they would charge on a Sunday anyway as it's never too crowded, certainly wasn't crowded when I was there. Unless they began charging later on in the night.

Ok, I'll concede that I really like Gonzos and I've only ever seen them in Nancys.... but I was under duress to go there.

Advertisement