Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Business website - Are they joking??

Options
  • 01-12-2008 10:57am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spotted this guy posting on paddytech there over weekend offering website design and development.

If mods think its unfair please delete.

But I am wondering how the hell this guy can state that he is a software or web developer, that site as a selling point is just a pointer to Amazon affiliates.

http://www.mckaysoftware.ie/web_design_limerick.html

I am not been a tw*T but I am shocked that someone can advertise services when they are blatantly not a developer based on their own site!!! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

That's just painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Anyone who pays them after seeing their site should be shot!

My nephew could do WAY better than that, and he's still in school.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Dreadful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

If he can sell Web design services when he's producing stuff like that then he's a better salesman than I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Hilarious stuff. So many cowboy outfits out there doing websites, I swear its almost a good thing as if everyone had a good website off the bat then none of us would get work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Is it just my browser or is that website messed up for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Namesco wrote: »
    Is it just my browser or is that website messed up for everyone!

I'm pretty sure what you're seeing is as good as that site gets. I just died a little inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

yop wrote: »
    Spotted this guy posting on paddytech there over weekend offering website design and development.

If mods think its unfair please delete.

But I am wondering how the hell this guy can state that he is a software or web developer, that site as a selling point is just a pointer to Amazon affiliates.

http://www.mckaysoftware.ie/web_design_limerick.html

I am not been a tw*T but I am shocked that someone can advertise services when they are blatantly not a developer based on their own site!!! :confused:
    Lots of silly people out there. This guy could be a con artist, or he could be incredibly naive either. You'll always find people like this. Don't lose any sleep over it. I doubt he makes much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

This is clearly a site for generating revenue of clicks. I don't believe there is actually a service behind it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

egan007 wrote: »
    This is clearly a site for generating revenue of clicks. I don't believe there is actually a service behind it.

I think you are spot on there for sure. He is advertising all over PaddyTech along with another lad, it could be some shilling ;)

Ah well it helps to see what sh*te is been produced out there too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Looks like a failed attempt at Web 1.0! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

It's just missing the "best viewed in ie3" button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

That's a bit harsh folks.
    According to his linkedin profile he has an MBA from the Open University. I don't have that, do YOU!!!

His channeldb2 profile photo inspires my full confidence.

The entry on search.ie shows the company are an IT heavyweight: "We are based in Limerick. Our core skills are AS400 RPG and C. We alos offer web design and related services."

This is further backed up on citylocal.ie : "We offer WEB design, SPREADSHEET and DATABASE development. We can help you manage your email accounts and work with you on the effectiveness of your web site"

Any remaining doubts should be dispelled by their international (.eu) site "We have worked on projects for customers in Ireland, England, France, Belgium, Holland and USA. "

On top of all this, the whois for rpglanguage.com shows his company to be behind that enterprise too.

If you haven't been won around yet, his post to the agile manifesto should clinch it : "I am in favour of precise communication between people and moving away from techical jargon and buzzwords. I also support incremenetal development. AGILE seems to help me to work along these lines"

Seriously though, I find it hard to be miffed when the level of ineptitude is like an online version of "the office". Looks like he used to work on midrange systems, probably got made redundant due to wrongly naming variables and is hardly going to have much luck finding a job at his age, that's the reality. In terms of online footprint you've got to give the guy some credit, but damn does he need help with pretty much everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

democrates wrote:
    probably got made redundant due to wrongly naming variables
    Ha ha so true...poor guy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I worked very hard on that site and it is very much so up to date in every way. It runs on all webbrowsers and its a dynamic look for a site.

How can you say my site isnt a very well designed site and coded to perfection? Theres nothing wrong with it at all. Red text on a white background is very stylish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

red_ice wrote: »
    I worked very hard on that site and it is very much so up to date in every way. It runs on all webbrowsers and its a dynamic look for a site.

How can you say my site isnt a very well designed site and coded to perfection? Theres nothing wrong with it at all. Red text on a white background is very stylish.

<edit>cba waiting, thats not my site. Its shockingly bad. But it doesnt shock me that people would actually get away with that site and people would pay top dollar for it too.</edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Solarpitch

Mother of Jesus... that's all I can say.

Solarpitch wrote: »
    Mother of Jesus... that's all I can say.
    Is that all you can say? :D
    You can use that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What funnier now is that this lad is attacking someone on the forum for their web design techniques!!!!! :)

http://paddytech.collectivex.com/discussion/topic/show/119100?lpx=1

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

lol. Well maybe he has invented a new design paradigm that the rest of us have yet to hear of. Maybe the school maths jotter grid is to assist the visually impaired.
    We could run a competition to see who can find worst top 10 crap web sites. Hint - you only need to look for another nine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I think it's a lovely website!

</runs away laughing>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AvrilLavigne

worlds_worst_website.jpg

Where did you get that from Avril?? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Shes been on Dragons Den at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AvrilLavigne

Where did you get that from Avril?? :)

I'll let ye know if he replies! Got an autoresponse!

Subject: Autoresponse from mckfc02@mckaysoftware.ie
    Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 11:43:08 +0000 (GMT)

Thank you for your message.
    We will respond as soon as we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Phew, thank goodness there's a website out there that tells you what time it is on your computer, computers just don't have clocks these days.

Axwell wrote: »
    Shes been on Dragons Den at some point.

Bringing in the water to them was it??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

teletext on old tv's look better than this

Advertisement