Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Business website - Are they joking??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

pauldiv wrote: »
    lol. Well maybe he has invented a new design paradigm that the rest of us have yet to hear of. Maybe the school maths jotter grid is to assist the visually impaired.

I think when reading up on grid systems he took it a tad too literally. :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Its all about the lines baby ;)

I sound like a fricking interior designer ;) (And no smart ass comments)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AvrilLavigne

democrates wrote: »

Put a health warning on this! It is so sore on the eyes! Do not click if you are epileptic. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

I can't help feeling sorry for him though. With his skillset he probably did major work over the years, but once y2k and euro finished so was he.

From being at the centre of super-important projects to the scrapheap, you can imagine the frustration and anger etc. but he's gone down a bad road now, even if it snags a few bob it won't bring back the glory days. That sort of thing is beneath him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

democrates wrote: »
    I can't help feeling sorry for him though. With his skillset he probably did major work over the years, but once y2k and euro finished so was he.

From being at the centre of super-important projects to the scrapheap, you can imagine the frustration and anger etc. but he's gone down a bad road now, even if it snags a few bob it won't bring back the glory days. That sort of thing is beneath him.

That's what happens when you don't keep up to date with the industry. I know some great developers who just never caught on and end up with very limited options in terms of employment.

Dude's probably an alcoholic also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Hellm0 wrote: »
    That's what happens when you don't keep up to date with the industry. I know some great developers who just never caught on and end up with very limited options in terms of employment.

Dude's probably an alcoholic also.

LOL - is there are forum for online character assassination ? might be time to move this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

BenjAii wrote: »
    LOL - is there are forum for online character assassination ? might be time to move this thread.

I just figured I'd throw it in there, he kinda looks like one:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

dont some banks still use cobalt or something?
    although i do agree, gotta keep up to speed with technology. But with a software engineering degree, i can safely say that learning curve is not steep, ive picked up several different technologies for different projects over the years !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

That one was on Dragons Den. She makes a fortune apparently. But she couldn't show tax returns :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

ironclaw wrote: »
    That one was on Dragons Den. She makes a fortune apparently. But she couldn't show tax returns :rolleyes:

Actually it was audited accounts she was asked about.

I read an interview with her afterwards where she talked about her spot on Dragons Den. She said she had actually responded to the question explaining that as she was a partnership and not a ltd company she didn't have audited accounts, but apparently they kindly edited that bit out for drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

That "DingyInsurance" site has one REALLY weird page title!!!! :o

EDIT : It's not the only one; C:\Documents\Netscape ???

BTW, I'm logging off forever now because I'm officially blind since clicking on that "Dear God" link!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Put a health warning on this! It is so sore on the eyes! Do not click if you are epileptic. eek.gif
    Liam Byrne wrote: »
    BTW, I'm logging off forever now because I'm officially blind since clicking on that "Dear God" link!!! :P
    +2, just how much floor polish do you have to drink to come up with trippy sh1t like that, fascinating lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

MOH wrote: »

well that one's allowed - it is the website of the "mental oriental" according to this gloriously politicaly incorrect publication

Advertisement