Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help

• 01-12-2008 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Hi gang i dont post here i havent got a clue about games ,,,but my son has asked for an Xbox of santy ,,,my brother bought Grand theft auto for him and the wife hit the roof when she seen an add for it online,,,lol,,,could you recomened any games for an 8 year old,,we got wrestling games,,,but we wanted to get him a few diffrent ones,,,

Thanks
    Danny
    i had this post in another part and they suggested here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

viva pinata might be a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,099 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lego Indiana jones - Kungfu Panda - Tomb Raider is always a good one Lots of mind games there oh and any sports game is a good choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Thanks a mill guys
    ;)you have been a great help

Danny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Harvey Normans are selling off the "Start Park" {which is meant to be only sold with new systems} it has a 2nd controller and a copy of Lego Indy and KungFu Panda for 39.99€

{The game are in a single bungle DVD box case, so you can't trade them into most stores}
    tba wrote: »
    viva pinata might be a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

If i was eight and you handed me viva pinata it bounce it off ya !!!

lego batman , tmnt ,fifa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

Guitar Hero World Tour....
    You can jam on the guitar, get your son on the drums and even the missus can get involved with a bit of singin!!
    Everyones a winner!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

totally agree with above posters.Either rockband or guitar hero and you can't go wrong.If any of my nephews or nieces got viva pinata, they'd loose the plot.its not exactly a thrilling game.If its for a boy the likes of halo and stuff are grand for em.Have to admit played it a few times with obviously younger kids online and generally when people know that there is young kids present they watch the language and stuff.The only reason I'd be down on GTA isn't because of the content but more because its just a crap game.If they like wrestling games there's a tonne of em out, not sure what they're like though but in my opinion you can't go wrong with soul calibur 4 or even the new mortal combat.I think if they want an xbox over a wii they're not into cutesy games so I'd definately go for a balls out shooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Meatwad wrote: »
    If its for a boy the likes of halo and stuff are grand for em.Have to admit played it a few times with obviously younger kids online and generally when people know that there is young kids present they watch the language and stuff.The only reason I'd be down on GTA isn't because of the content but more because its just a crap game.If they like wrestling games there's a tonne of em out, not sure what they're like though but in my opinion you can't go wrong with soul calibur 4 or even the new mortal combat.I think if they want an xbox over a wii they're not into cutesy games so I'd definately go for a balls out shooter.

The kids 8! I'd say a balls out shooter with access to Xbox Live's notorious asshole brigade is the wrong way to go! Especially since a few games I've joined had folks singing about their penises before I even connected! Single-player Halo isn't too bad but probably still a bit young for it. The Lego games, the new Banjo Kazooie:Nuts & Bolts or one of the rhythm music games is the way to go for young kids on the 360 imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

PGR!

wow lads thanks ,,i might try these myself,,,lol,,jaysus i gave up after space invaders,,,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    Hi gang i dont post here i havent got a clue about games ,,,but my son has asked for an Xbox of santy ,,,my brother bought Grand theft auto for him and the wife hit the roof when she seen an add for it online,,,lol,,,could you recomened any games for an 8 year old,,we got wrestling games,,,but we wanted to get him a few diffrent ones,,,

Thanks
    Danny
    i had this post in another part and they suggested here

Being the mother of an 8yr old boy myself he is constantly playing FIFA09, and he also likes the Wrestling games. GTA is also in the house, (I have a 17yr old too) and the content that I was worried about seems to go completely over the head of the 8 yr old, but like your wife, I still prefer it to be kept away from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

GOW2. :rolleyes:

The lego games would be good.. and theres tons of em..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Thanks for the help gang,,,i got the indiana game,,kung foo panda,,and the fifa game,,,and i found a TNA wrestling game

that should do him for a while

you have all been a great help,,,
    thanks
    Danny

Advertisement