Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling your house to the Council / Local Authority???

Options
  • 01-12-2008 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

:confused:

Does anyone know where I could find out more about this? As in, is there specific criteria you need to meet?
    I'm a bit clueless about this particular area, but someone mentioned "would you not get onto the council to see if they would be interested in buying your house for affordable housing.."
    I looked at the citizens info site but can't find anything..

I know it's probably not as simple as just going "hello, buy please..."

I just did a search but couldn't find any relevant info....

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭rod flanders

Check your local authorities website. I know DCC will not buy more than 20% of houses on any street. So do you know, how many houses your local council owns on your street?
    Not sure if any councils have money to purchase houses at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭rod flanders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Check your local authorities website. I know DCC will not buy more than 20% of houses on any street. So do you know, how many houses your local council owns on your street?
    Not sure if any councils have money to purchase houses at the moment.

I'll check it out thanks. I'm in Limerick..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If anyone gets any good information on this scheme I'll sticky this thread.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭reddanmm

Did you ever get anywhere with selling your house in Limerick or have any info to share

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Does the council buy houses of all different values??

Advertisement