Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Annes Park Gardai

Options
  • 01-12-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats going on? Part of it is cordoned off by the Gardai, screens up, searches going on. I am presuming another body.

(Watermill Road and coastal part)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I am as curious as you are. Looked on the Indo and Times site and could not find anything. The Gardai were still there this afternoon. It was mentioned on 2fm news but no details there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I found a body there before, it was never mentioned on the news.

It could be that missing Romanian girl! Certainly enough Gardai to make the find seem important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

lightening wrote: »
    I found a body there before

Pray tell?..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I remember they found a body around there last year, turned out to be a homeless guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

It was a guy dressed as a clown apparently. He was on his way to work and was shot. Gardai are treating it as possibly drug related.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

There's been many a body found there. Nothing new to be honest.

Mairt wrote: »
    Pray tell?..

Last January, Don't want to say much on a forum, she was someones mother. Ended up having to give evidence in the coroners court.

Last January, Don't want to say much on a forum, she was someones mother. Ended up having to give evidence in the coroners court.

shenanigans

I understand completely. It must have been pretty distressing for you & sad for the ladys family.

Mairt wrote: »
    I understand completely. It must have been pretty distressing for you & sad for the ladys family.

Wasn't really to be honest. I assured the family it was a pretty peaceful and serene scene I came apon and it actually was the truth. The coroners court wasn't nice, family were very upset. However its a very very well run place, the coroner himself and the staff are excellent.

Being involved in watersports all my life, its not the first time I have come across one. I am sure you are the same giving your work nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Varkov wrote: »
    It was a guy dressed as a clown apparently. He was on his way to work and was shot. Gardai are treating it as possibly drug related.

Seriously ??

Thats what I heard anyway, could be BS. But its a reliable source.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dressed as a clown?
    Either a peado or a pierrot!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I just passed there now ... there's a tape cordon and two guards on the coast road side still at the scene ... maybe more inside the park itself.

I think there have been bodies found in that particular corner of the park on a few occasions in the past 5 - 10 years.

Any news links on this one ?

Just passed on my nightly run. Asked the Garda on duty what the story was, after not answering my query of how she was she looked me up and down and said "I can't tell you" in the snootiest voice she could muster.

And I thought good policing was talking to the community.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

And I thought good policing was talking to the community.

It is. That's why we have Gardai.

Seriously, I live around the corner, I could have witnessed something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

a clown shot?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Seriously, I live around the corner, I could have witnessed something.
    I wasn't having a go. I agree with you. I've always found the Gardai a 'mare to deal with.
    On a by the by though I was having a scoop earlier in Harry Byrne's and one of the chaps reckoned it'd something to do with drugs. Now he may not have a scooby doo what he's talking about but it's the word on the street (well in Harry's at least).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

I found a body there before, it was never mentioned on the news.

It could be that missing Romanian girl! Certainly enough Gardai to make the find seem important.[/QUOTE

Their looking for her in Dublin 8

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/missing-girl-shot-dumped-in-canal-1559705.html

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    I wasn't having a go. I agree with you. I've always found the Gardai a 'mare to deal with

Oh I know!!! Sorry, I wasn't clear. Normally I find them grand to deal with, just some of them could brush up on their manners. Imagine I treated someone like that in work!

Yeah, I see that Tannylan, just thought it might be her.

Imagine I treated someone like that in work!

I agree 100%.

If I was ignorant to a civilian during the course of my work I'd fully expect to get hauled across the coals for it.

In fact most of us (I hope) would go out of our way to project the Defence Forces in a favourable light.

Speaking for myself, I love dealing with the public and I'm lucky in so far as I'm in that position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭santosubito

They're looking for a body after a tip-off. They found nothing today and it will onctinue tomorrow. It's not the Romanian girl, but someone who disappeared some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

However its a very very well run place, the coroner himself and the staff are excellent.
    I was a foreman on a jury there recently and I have to agree that the Coroner and his staff made the ordeal into something facinating rather then morbid.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

about 13 or so years ago an old friend of mine found a chinese student hanging in st.annes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭05D

Varkov wrote: »

Are you talking about the body they are looking for now? Why would you be dressed as a clown on your way to work? did he worked for Fossetts or Dublin City Co Co? I live near and people are saying it could be someone missing since eight years ago, I don't want to say to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

05D wrote: »
    Are you talking about the body they are looking for now? Why would you be dressed as a clown on your way to work? did he worked for Fossetts or Dublin City Co Co? I live near and people are saying it could be someone missing since eight years ago, I don't want to say to be honest.

I dunno why they're bothering to look.
    There's no way they'd still be alive after being buried for eight years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Degsy wrote: »
    I dunno why they're bothering to look.
    There's no way they'd still be alive after being buried for eight years.

Jeesuz Degsy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭05D

Any updates on this?

Advertisement