Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs / Activities for Kids

Options
  • 01-12-2008 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for information on clubs and activities for kids in the blanchardstown area.

I have 2 little boys - aged 6 & 7.

Due to the weather, I find that they are spending a lot of time indoors and are starting to get a bit stir crazy. i'd like to get them involved with some clubs or activities to save all of our sanity.

The 7 year old plays for a football club, but both are interested in sports. However, I'm not just looking for sports clubs - anything from Art, Music, Drama or even chess could work.

Any ideas and information would be welcome.

Thanks
    J

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Blanch library have chess, scrabble, young writers and book clubss on the go. Plus, you'll often find info on local activities and clubs up there, so I'd definitely recommend a visit there.
    (I'm always pushing the library here, but honest I dont work there!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jen199

Thats a great idea. I'll check it out. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

What about the cub scouts/beavers, great activities for kids. There are a few bracnces in the D15 area, I know of 2 of them. One of them is in Porterstown Town and the other is based in saint francis xavier in roselawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

When I was younger, I knew a few friends who went to those first aid groups, Order of Malta and all that.

Maybe get into swimming in Coolmine sports centre or the NAC?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

The Scouts on the Porterstown road will be taking on kids for Beavers in January. Your child boy or girl will have to be over 6 to join. My 2 kids are in and love it, They were gone all day Saturday to Belfast to W5 Kids Science place - so good to have a quite day without them:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

I was about to suggest the scouts - best organisation ever for them to be involved in! My youngest is also in gymnastics with Children of Lir gym club - based in castleknock educate together school. Its sports and fun - but the best bit is that its indoor! so no standing by a pitch in the cold for us mams and dads...!

Advertisement