Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd hand Honda Civic

Options
  • 01-12-2008 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I contacted the below dealer who is selling this Honda Civic 05 1.4 Litre car for €9950. I asked him what would be the best deal he would give if I were to travel to Laois from Dublin with cash and hand and he said that he could only knock another €200 off because he claims this is much cheaper then what you would pay for an equivalent car in Dublin and that he was selling at prices that you would get in the January sales. Would this sound right and if so do you think €9700 would be a good deal for this car.

http://www.cbg.ie/Car_Detail.aspx?ID=2599482

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭billyhead

Folks,

I contacted the main dealer for this car and he said he would give the car to me for €8950 and a Nissan Micra (1999) car for the Honda. He also said he would give me if I travelled down to Athlone where the Honda is on sale a few extra bob back provided the Micra is in good condition (which it is). It has 61000 miles on the clock and is running ok. It only has the odd dent or mark on it and the drivers mirror needs replacing. So presuming with the few extra bob back I could get it for around €8700. Would this sound like a good deal. The warranty however only covers 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,246 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

billyhead wrote: »
    Folks,

I contacted the main dealer for this car and he said he would give the car to me for €8950 and a Nissan Micra (1999) car for the Honda. He also said he would give me if I travelled down to Athlone where the Honda is on sale a few extra bob back provided the Micra is in good condition (which it is). It has 61000 miles on the clock and is running ok. It only has the odd dent or mark on it and the drivers mirror needs replacing. So presuming with the few extra bob back I could get it for around €8700. Would this sound like a good deal. The warranty however only covers 6 months.

I don't think so.

You will save more money by keeping the Micra out of the deal. Get the cash discount on the Civic and then sell the Micra privately. Cheap small cars like the Micra are still selling even in the current climate.

In a straight deal I think you will buy that Civic for €8k. Then sell the 99 Micra for around €1500. So the Civic really only cost you €6500. Sounds alot better than paying €8700 with the Micra. Even if you gave the Micra away for free you would still be around €700 better off by not including it in the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

+1, you could sell the Micra privately for €1500 if not more (fixing the mirror would help!), judging by Buy & Sell prices and looking at similar cars recently.

Advertisement