Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone bought a home with

Options
  • 01-12-2008 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

The Roche group in Limerick?

If so how did you find them & how were their after sales care if you experienced any problems (if you did have any problems that is)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

i have never bought a house built by them but i have lived in two different houses built by them, both in a developement in castletroy, one from phase 1 and from phase 2. as i only rented i cannot comment on after sales care or anything like that. however i can comment on the build quality of the houses in this developement at least and its not going to be a good comment. there were loads of things i noticed which, if i had bought the house, would really piss me off. these units are in a duplex arrangement, 2 ground floor two-bed appartments and 2 four-bed 'houses' on top. the living room extends out from the front wall to create the balcony for the master bedroom overhead.

the main problem which occurred in both houses and i am almost sure happened to the next door neighbours house is the sealing between the balcony and front wall would fail during 'heavyish' rain. rain water would pour in through the living room ceiling soaking the floor, and i mean pour. filled a large wok 1.5 times during the worst rain. we were lucky the water dropped the other side of the room from where the tv was or it would have been destroyed.

there were loads of other small things and occasions where short cuts were ovbiousally taken. many of the door hinges were missing half of their screws, they were probably well able to carry the doors but it just looked bad. the rail to which the shower head was attached was only held on with two screws, one at each end, this came loose in both houses iirc.

in the kitchen the ceiling under the main upstairs bathroom was all damp and going black, it looked awful. the kitchen also had french doors which are blocked off on the outside with a rail. during stormy weather wind would force the doors to move a little allowing rain water in, and a pool of water would form on the floor inside the door.

at the moment i cannot remember the other things i am sure i'm forgetting stuff. i will edit the post when they come to me. i personally would not buy a house built by the roche group, however this opinion has been made on the quality of one estate of theirs, allbeit from two different units. i hope this helps.

Advertisement