Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement Wing Mirror Glass

Options
  • 01-12-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I might get replacement glass for a wing mirror for a Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet??? Some bas**rd hit it at the weekend :mad:

The unit itself is still intact, it just needs the glass, but Mitsubishi have told me the glass doesn't come separate and a whole wing mirror will set me back 160 quid, and thats not including labour :eek:

I have tried micksgarage.ie but my model is not listed. And Halfords dont do it either. Maybe someone might have another idea?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GBX Rich

a good thing to do is go to a scrap yard and get 1 there and do it your self,

but as far as i know with cars from 1995 on, you have to get the whole sidemirrow done, if they are electric and so on, it's another way the system can rob us

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its crazy if they cannot sell the mirror glass. Try a scrappy for the whole unit for half that price

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Anan1 wrote: »

+1. Had to replace my driver side mirror glass a few months back, wasn't listed on Mick's Garage but was listed in their eBay shop and cheaper than it would have been on micksgarage.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

I thought of a breakers yard alright but it's not exactly a common car on the roads, i've only ever seen a handful of them on the roads since they came out. Your right GXB Rich, another way we can be robbed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

GBX Rich wrote: »
    a good thing to do is go to a scrap yard and get 1 there and do it your self,

but as far as i know with cars from 1995 on, you have to get the whole sidemirrow done, if they are electric and so on, it's another way the system can rob us

Only heated mirrors should have any more complexity to change; and even then they should be able to replace the glass. Have done it on a 2004 Fiat recently enough (well, 15+ months ago...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Quarrybaby wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I might get replacement glass for a wing mirror for a Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet??? Some bas**rd hit it at the weekend :mad:

The unit itself is still intact, it just needs the glass, but Mitsubishi have told me the glass doesn't come separate and a whole wing mirror will set me back 160 quid, and thats not including labour :eek:

I have tried micksgarage.ie but my model is not listed. And Halfords dont do it either. Maybe someone might have another idea?????

Is the glass just cracked ?

You could get mirrored perspex and cut out your own to fit
    http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/forum1/cheap-van-mirrors-t13195.html

No the glass is totally gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Lyre61

I got one on ebay £15 including postage for a Citroen C5, saved me over a €100 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Lyre61 wrote: »
    I got one on ebay £15 including postage for a Citroen C5, saved me over a €100 :)

Fully agree with this. I was quoted €190 to replace the mirror glass on a VW Caravelle. This included 1 hour labour. I bought a mirror on ebay for €25 (new) and changed it myself in 5 minutes. This was a heated mirror but the connections are very simple push on types.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks, got one on ebay.co.uk for £5.99!!!! Fingers crossed it fits....

Advertisement