Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Broadband Connection down all weekend

Options
  • 01-12-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Since Sat morning my UTV broadband connection has been down. I am with UTV for the last 3 years and when I lived in Dublin I never had a problem with the connection. I moved to Cavan in July and since then the connection seems to go every night for between 5 minutes to an hour. However this weekend is the worst I have ever had with the connection.

I havnt rang UTV yet as I am in work and no doubt I will be on hold for ever but I was just wondering if anybody else had a problem with their connection this weekend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sigmadp1

I was on to them 3 times this morning. They say there is a major problem and all of the republic is down. They are not sure when it will be back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Didn't notice any major problems in westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

sigmadp1 wrote: »
    I was on to them 3 times this morning. They say there is a major problem and all of the republic is down. They are not sure when it will be back up.

Got the same reply earlier, before I even finished saying hello the girl told me "yes yes you have no internet, noone does, what might work is unplugging all cables and waiting a few minutes....oh if that doesn't work it'll hopefully be sorted later"...smells like a decoy to me :D

p.s. restart didn't help, duh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

No problems so far today with UTV (Monaghan)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Got the same reply earlier, before I even finished saying hello the girl told me "yes yes you have no internet, noone does, what might work is unplugging all cables and waiting a few minutes....oh if that doesn't work it'll hopefully be sorted later"...smells like a decoy to me :D

p.s. restart didn't help, duh :)

I took out every cable and connected them again about 10 times over the weekend. Also turned off the router and back on endless times. Still no joy. I wont be home from work till 9.30 tonight so wont know until then if the internet is back up or not. I missed my surfing fix this weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sigmadp1

Service was back on around 5pm yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Got home from college last night and the internet was back working so all is good with the world again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dandelion

We lost our broadband on Friday pm, gone most of Sat and Sun, back Monday am, gone again on Monday night back slowly on Tuesday and slowed to a stop on Tuesday night. Speeds down to negligible figures. Contacted them 3 times, told me no one else had a problem, obviously this isn't true. They got me to change the auo dns settings on the router and on the pc, it didn't make a difference. Going to ring them now and see if it's going to continue. They offer unlimited downloads and may be running out of bandwidth to the extent that the speed is slowing to a stop?. I think we're off to NTL or eircom......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

I know it's not much consolation but I've had no problems. Switched from 1MB to 7MB at start of the month (saving a few euros in the process!!) and have had consistent 6500 kps on speedtest.net since.

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ive had no downtime but it has been slow and some really bad pings all week. Its terrible now at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Since about Saturday mine has been unbelievably slow. It completly dropped off last night for a few hours, horribly slow again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Hey guys

I'm using Talk Talk broadband and at the moment I'm paying for 3 mb broadband but at the moment I'm getting speeds like 100 kb/s

I am really angry about this because this is happening since last Saturday.

I'm guessing this is related to the UTV broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dandelion

Still having problems all day yesterday. Technical support say they can do nothing for me. There are no problems elsewhere and all their tests are negative. They reluctantly agreed to post a fault report on the line to eircom, I don't expect it will come to anything as our phone works fine. The tech guy said that it could be caused by too many users in my area using the exchange at the same time, not much consolation to me though. I'm really only logging it here so that someone else with a similar problem might get some use from it.

Advertisement