Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon Gig...

Options
  • 01-12-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Can't believe no-one has mentioned it here, but MASTODON are playin wed night!!!!! :D

Can't wait! But was wondering if anyone knows if the 4th member is back playin??? Heard he was in hospital for something or other

Also, anyone else goin to what will surely be a f***in AWESOME gig???

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Should be a good gig. Any idea who's supporting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

*Cries* Can't go. Should be excellent though, saw them a year or two ago. Epic band. Make sure you are well hydrated (water not booze!) before you go in, it got pretty damn hot the last time when everyone crushed up to the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Brian_Uckfast

Yeah vicar street seems a bit mental of a place for such a band.

I saw them at graspop 2 years ago, didnt know their stuff but was f***in mesmerized. Their stuff sounds ten times better live, and thats sayin somethin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

I saw them at graspop 2 years ago, didnt know their stuff but was f***in mesmerized. Their stuff sounds ten times better live, and thats sayin somethin!!!

Should be a fantastic gig. Seen them 4 times and each show is always extremely energetic. Would have to agree about their live sound with one exception. Brent's vocals can be terrible live. First time I saw them play i was waiting anxiously to hear Aqua Dementia. When brent started singing the verse I cringed in a horrible way.

Hopefully he'll be in good vocal form on Wednesday. It's the only weak part of their performances.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There playing in cork tomorror night,Im very tempted to go,I dont know much of there stuff though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Their stuff sounds ten times better live, and thats sayin somethin!!!

i love mastodon.. Iv seen them twice, at tool and in the ambassador...

in the ambassador they were class..but at tool they actually sounded like the worst band iv ever heard, i mean really really ****e, which was very surprising!!! Hopefully theyv fired their sound guy...:D

Bill should be back in the fold for dublin. He had planned on rejoining them last night, but i cant find any information on that gig, i think it was in holland or something!

Some songs off the new album would go down very nicely... as far as support goes.. im praying for gojira!!

jeeeesus... im so excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

The support is Fiend Without A Face.

As Mastodon fans ye all should know who plays in that band :D

Some local support as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Im stuck in College.... Kings Inns... just up the road from Vicar Street. Any idea what time Mastadon will start at ?????

I really like them. They have supported every big band I know (Metallica, Maiden, Slayer, Anthrax). Im looking forward to their headlining slot

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

I seen them supporting slayer in the ambassador a year or two ago. I hadn't heard much of there stuff to that point, and taught they'd just be another crappy support band to get through. They opened with iron tusk, and it fkin blew me away. Probally the best opening to a gig i was ever at.

can't wait. I lost my ticket for 2 weeks and was brickin it i wasnt gonna be able to go!! But found it yesterday!! :D Bring em on!

Hope they throw "Emerald" into the set.

• Advertisement

can't wait. I lost my ticket for 2 weeks and was brickin it i wasnt gonna be able to go!! But found it yesterday!! :D Bring em on!

Hope they throw "Emerald" into the set.

They did the last two times I saw them in the Ambassador (Slayer support and headlining), they love playing Ireland apparently and considering they've actually set up gigs across the country I believe it. Teh Epicness, its just unbelieveable!!!! Ye lucky feckers that are going, wish I could. Teh EPICNESS!!!111!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

'Tis a pity Thin Lizzy are playing the same night, otherwise I'd be there.

Got free ticket from a mate, should be good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Local support band is Hero In Error. One of my friends is a guitarist for the band, they're quite proficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, really looking forward to this actually, despite knowing very little of them, what I do know is all excellent. Saw them in Belgium too before, right good. Met Bill Kelleher in airport on way there too:D Should be excellent, and my first Vicar Street experience:D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Can't wait. Seen them twice before, but they were support both times. Should be good to see them headlining.

What legends doin an "Irish tour". U have to hand it to them. When they supported Slayer they encouraged the "Slayer" chant!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Im sickened, was meant to be heading to the cork show tonight but everyone who i was meant to go with bailed on me. Damm them all!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Patricide wrote: »
    Im sickened, was meant to be heading to the cork show tonight but everyone who i was meant to go with bailed on me. Damm them all!!!!

Doesn't mean you can't go tbh

Agreed, I went on my own the last time it was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Was looking forward to it, mightn't make it now for various reasons. Might actually be able to swing in for about 10 which'll let me catch a good chunk of their set - better than the ticket going to waste I guess! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just back - you guys are in for a treat tomorrow, but you probably would've guessed that anyway :D

Anyone else who was in the Cork show -
    were you as confused as me with the faux set they played when they came out in the fez hats?? Obviously the penny dropped after a while, but it was a complete WTF moment at first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Just back - you guys are in for a treat tomorrow, but you probably would've guessed that anyway :D

Anyone else who was in the Cork show -
    were you as confused as me with the faux set they played when they came out in the fez hats?? Obviously the penny dropped after a while, but it was a complete WTF moment at first :D
    Was Bill playing?

someone throw up a setlist!!!

put it in spoilers or something...but i have to know!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Heres the set, white text

1. Hearts Alive
    2. Blood and Thunder
    3. The Wolf is Loose
    4. Crystal Skull
    5. Bladecatcher
    6. Colony of Birchmen
    7. Megalodon
    8. Circle of Cysquatch
    9. Aqua Dementia
    10. Iron Tusk
    11. March of the Fire Ants
    12. The Bit (Melvins Cover)

Bill wont be there hes gone home, they said thats all the songs they can do without him.

lol5605 wrote: »
    Heres the set, white text

1. Hearts Alive
    2. Blood and Thunder
    3. The Wolf is Loose
    4. Crystal Skull
    5. Bladecatcher
    6. Colony of Birchmen
    7. Megalodon
    8. Circle of Cysquatch
    9. Aqua Dementia
    10. Iron Tusk
    11. March of the Fire Ants
    12. The Bit (Melvins Cover)

Bill wont be there hes gone home, they said thats all the songs they can do without him.

ahhhhhhhh ****E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

I'm not reading that list. As a moral sense of abstinance!

I'm hoping for material from Remission. How I adore that album *Rhetoric

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh its all so soon...and here I am listening to Mastodon while studying...rock n roll is me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jobrok1

They finished up with another cover version,
    Thin Lizzy's 'Emerald'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

jobrok1 wrote: »
    They finished up with another cover version,
    Thin Lizzy's 'Emerald'.
    FOOOK, woulda loved to have seen that!!

Advertisement