Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon Gig...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

jobrok1 wrote: »
    They finished up with another cover version,
    Thin Lizzy's 'Emerald'.

they did that last time as well didnt they?

Great gig, delighted that they played Megaladon. I'm a new found fan of rockabilly too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    they did that last time as well didnt they?

Yep.

Good gig last night in vicar street, Brent is a bloody machine! Some serious 12-string shredding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

****ing class. I wonder who those mysterious fez-clad gents really were...

I loved the bit where Brent whistled in absence of the sped up high-pitched vocals. Pure deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

I'm pretty sure that's whistling in Bladecatchers anyway. Very difficult to get a whistle pitch with standard vocalisation.

The sound was crystal-clear for this gig. Considering Bill wasn't in attendance, they are one of the most talented bands in operation nowadays. Looking forward to seeing them again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was so bloody good. Delighted I went to see them now.

Fiend Without A face were hilarious. "I'd like to thank you in advance for the applause you're about to give this song!"

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Yep.

Good gig last night in vicar street, Brent is a bloody machine! Some serious 12-string shredding.

there were actually only 6 strings on that guitar!!

Mushy wrote: »
    Was so bloody good. Delighted I went to see them now.

Fiend Without A face were hilarious. "I'd like to thank you in advance for the applause you're about to give this song!"

His best line was "now that we're huge in Dublin, we're gonna be rich"! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

His best line was "now that we're huge in Dublin, we're gonna be rich"! :D

Yes...another one I laughed heartily for alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

there were actually only 6 strings on that guitar!!

Weird!

As you can tell, I was towards the rear of the venue :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Whoever the drummer was for the first band, he had some throw. He got a drum stick to the sound desk at the back of the venue...

I'm fairly sure it was a twelve string. It sounded that way at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'm fairly sure it was a twelve string. It sounded that way at least.

Maybe they were mixing/chorus or something to make up for the one guitarist?

They may well have. The head looked more elaborate than that of his usual guitar though. That being said, I was quite far back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 piezoc

I love Mastodon.. I've seen them twice, at Tool and in the Ambassador...

In the Ambassador they were class. But at Tool they actually sounded like the worst band I've ever heard, I mean really really ****e, which was very surprising!!! Hopefully they've fired their sound guy...:D

I know it was a while ago but would you have the setlist from their opening show for Tool? that was the first time I was seeing them live and though the sound was terrible, I managed to enjoy it thanks to 2 friends of mine, fans of the band.
    Second time opening for Metallica was much better ...
    And I'm still waiting for my first show with them as a headliner (I missed their show in December 2008...)

Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

piezoc wrote: »
    I know it was a while ago but would you have the setlist from their opening show for Tool? that was the first time I was seeing them live and though the sound was terrible, I managed to enjoy it thanks to 2 friends of mine, fans of the band.
    Second time opening for Metallica was much better ...
    And I'm still waiting for my first show with them as a headliner (I missed their show in December 2008...)

Cheers ;)

God danm it man, I though that this tread was about an up coming gig, that some how I had missed hearing about. Got my hopes up and all:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Same here as brann said on the website that there going to play all the places they missed on there last tour but saying that if its ireland it will most likely be over 18 like last time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Same here as brann said on the website that there going to play all the places they missed on there last tour but saying that if its ireland it will most likely be over 18 like last time :mad:

Well the over 18's it's a problem for me:D, and i hope that you are right. Saw these guys in Marlay park but really want to see them play Crack the Skye the whole way through. Really pissed that I missed them in '08, damn exams, but gonna make sure that the next time that they come here I will be at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I thought this was about an upcoming gig. Dammit! Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Well the over 18's it's a problem for me:D, and i hope that you are right. Saw these guys in Marlay park but really want to see them play Crack the Skye the whole way through. Really pissed that I missed them in '08, damn exams, but gonna make sure that the next time that they come here I will be at it.

Marlay park was great but when I did see them plat CTS live it was amazing (there visual show is amazing as well :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Zombie thread. Way to get my hopes up. <shakes fist>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

bah.

old thread.

Advertisement