Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Repeats, HELP!

Options
  • 01-12-2008 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have to repeat a law exam this Xmas, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows how similiar the repeats are to the summer exam? Any other advice greatly appreiciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 An Scoil Dlí

It depends, what module are you repeating?

Some seem to have identical papers and others are very different. have you been looking at the past papers? They usually give you an idea of what to expect - in terms of variation

Look at the past papers on SIS web

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ucdstudent08

I'm repeating EU Law, tried to look at past papers but last years 1 isn't up. I emailed lecturer yesterday to try ang get a copy of it but she hasn't come back to me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

If you're repeating it wouldn't you have done the previous exam so have a rough idea of the style? The EU lecturers have changed recently anyways so there might be a new style paper

Look on the past papers for the old 3 hour EU law exam, that might be some help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ucdstudent08

Yeah I have a rough idea of the style alright. But I can't remember what questions came up which would obviously be helpful. Also does anyone know if you're repeating does your repeat grade count as part of your gpa for this semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Sarn

From what I remember your repeat grade is capped at the pass mark unless there were extenuating circumstances and applied to your GPA for the previous stage (obviously it wouldn't be fair to everyone else if you got a better grade second time around). Otherwise you'd have too many credits for one stage and not enough for another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Afaik the lecturer is different this year so I'd imagine its a futile exercise looking at the older papers...if this is the situation I wouldn't recommend taking info from them as the whole structure could be changed

Search on the SIS/ucd exams page by subject not by course code and see what turns up but as I said make sure you find out the structure for this year and find out if the lecturer is the same one

Advertisement