Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any Renault dealers?

Options
  • 01-12-2008 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I recently got a new car for my other half. We picked up a 99 clio 1.2 rn for pretty cheap, and it's a very nice car to drive. There are 2 issues with it.

First, the door handles are made of cheap crappy plastic and have cracked and been glued back together. It's a 5 door so I'm looking for a front passenger door handle(internal). Any idea how much?

Second, is the key. It came without the original key, which is a pain as that means no central locking. Now I'm only assuming this car did have remote locking but I reckon it would have had. Any ideas on price for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I got a new key for my old clio not too long ago and it cost €160 or €180. Can't remember exactly.

No idea how much the door handle would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭natnif

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I got a new key for my old clio not too long ago and it cost €160 or €180. Can't remember exactly.

No idea how much the door handle would cost.

thanks for that mate, I got the handle sorted (ebay) so it's good to have a ballpark for the key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I'd say there's a good chance it didn't come with remote central locking unless it is a high spec model. You will find very few small cars came with this feature as standard from back then.

Advertisement