Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re: flowers/creepers that bloom end of July?

Options
  • 01-12-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there, i'm wondering if anyone can help me. We are getting married and having our reception at home next august 1st! we want to plant some colourful flowers. do you know of any that will grow and bloom around the end of July in time for our day? we attempted sunflowers last summer but they didn't bloom until then end of August/September. Any help will be appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Ellechim

To get sunflowers to bloom earlier you need to a) plant them earlier and b) have lots of sunshine, which we didn't have this year!!!!

Lots of things bloom in late July - but also think about your colour scheme and what effect you want to have. (modern/cottage garden, etc). Also, you need to understand the garden you have, where gets the sun, what type of soil, etc....

I would have a very good dig around the gardening section of the BBC website - it will give you lots of ideas and practical advice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/

Also, whereabouts are you? I can recommend a horticulturalist who is very reasonable if you're in Dublin.........

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement