Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Present for Mammy

Options
  • 01-12-2008 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking for some ideas for what I could buy my mother for Christmas.
    I'm looking to spend around 70euro on her but I don't know what to get.

I don't want to get her something practical like home ware stuff that she always says she needs but imagine opening a present to find a kettle :eek:

Also, the last few years I have gotten mixed reactions to some of the gifts I have bought her. First there was this really nice wrapped gift set from L'Occitane en Provence
    that she left in the wrapping all Christmas because "it was so nicely wrapped" and I don't think she has ever used any of its contents and last year one of her gifts was a cookery book that she loved
    but I don't want to get something similar again this year.

Any help would be much appreciated and maybe this thread can help people in a similar situation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

my mother would slap me if i gave her kettle, in the nicest possible way of course!

why not get her some vouchers for a day spa so she can get a facial, or maybe a nice cashmere cardigan or scarf.

or vouchers for arnotts or BT or something so she can pick it out herself is she secretly does want a kettle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

Thanks for the excellent suggestions dontcallmecrazy.

I like the spa idea a lot. Not sure I could buy her clothes though. I don't have the best fashion sense :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

My mum gives out to us "wasting" our money for her, so myself and one of my brothers have teamed up to get a collection of "smellies" - candles and oils etc. More expensive than you would think, to get decent ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

loads of gift vouchers for hotels and spas on www.giftcardshop.ie

Advertisement