Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OFFICIAL exams and how to procrastinate yourself into oblivion thread December 08

Options
  • 01-12-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Can't seem to motivate myself at all to do anything at the moment.

I should be in the library, but boards is providing adequate company for YouTube in keeping me away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I left Limerick and returned home to Laois to study where its warm, and I can get dinners cooked for me...

But I'm finding it ridiculously difficult to concentrate! :(

But at least its warm here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

At last the time has come for me to no longer miss being a student! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

What she said!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 onesocks

+1

Was back at the weekend on Maguires field, nice amount of steaming piebald turds littered around the place.

Did clampus security buy the gates of the lads beside Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    What she said!!:D

Yes and yes. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

came down to UL today, wanna go to the library now but know it will be packed, ill try around 7

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

1huge1 wrote: »
    came down to UL today, wanna go to the library now but know it will be packed, ill try around 7
    You could do that but it's still packed. Mind you, I'll be leaving so you can have my seat if you can find me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

theres a good few seats around the place now, anyone who came past 7 probably didnt have to wait at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I went in at 9 this morning and had no trouble getting a seat.

Mind you....the fact that I am going in first thing is making me reassess my mental state...

Still though...I am fruit looped for Accounting:eek:

I dont like.....no..

I hate............no....

I DESPISE trying to study for exams which are entirely essay based :mad:

I've only got 4 exams and all of them are comprised of essays :(

I've got 6 topics, of which 4 are coming up, and I have to answer 3 of them, so to sufficiently cover myself I need to learn 5 topics...Thats just for the 1st exam next monday...

For wednesday I have to write out another 3 essays! Although he was kind enough to give us all 8 topics that are coming up, but I still have to write out and learn 3 essays..

So basically by saturday evening [sunday is a rest day even during exam time] I need to have 8 essays written and learnt off :(

Only to sit the exams and then have to do almost the same level of essays for the following week...

The joys of 4th year :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mossin wrote: »
    I dont like.....no..

I hate............no....

I've only got 4 exams and all of them are comprised of essays :(

I've got 6 topics, of which 4 are coming up, and I have to answer 3 of them, so to sufficiently cover myself I need to learn 5 topics...Thats just for the 1st exam next monday...

For wednesday I have to write out another 3 essays! Although he was kind enough to give us all 8 topics that are coming up, but I still have to write out and learn 3 essays..

So basically by saturday evening [sunday is a rest day even during exam time] I need to have 8 essays written and learnt off :(

Only to sit the exams and then have to do almost the same level of essays for the following week...

The joys of 4th year :pac:

Only 1 of my exams is entirely essay based....Mr Reeves was kind enough to tell us what the topics would be though. I still think essays are a poor indicator of an understanding. They can be learned and serve no purpose, why I avoided history and geography for the leaving.

I

H
    A
    T
    E

Essays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

mossin your doing ireland in the world economy then as well im guessin?
    was trying to do some of those essays today but just had no motivation at all, don't know where to start with them:(

Still though...I am fruit looped for Accounting:eek:

I think I'm right when I say that you are doing The Sheriff aka John Heneghan's accounting exam?
    Its easy as pie, I'm majoring in marketing and I managed to get an A1 in that module. Just do the past papers and you'll be fine!
    ninty9er wrote: »
    Only 1 of my exams is entirely essay based....Mr Reeves was kind enough to tell us what the topics would be though. I still think essays are a poor indicator of an understanding. They can be learned and serve no purpose, why I avoided history and geography for the leaving.

Not liking essays, that why you chose accounting then? ;)

Yeah Mr. Reeves was kind enough to put 8 out of 10 topics covered this semester on the exam :rolleyes: and when you consider the other 2 topics were introductory lectures, then he didnt exclude anything really.
    Harpy wrote: »
    mossin your doing ireland in the world economy then as well im guessin?
    was trying to do some of those essays today but just had no motivation at all, don't know where to start with them:(

Yup, doing that dreadful economics module which all the BBS class are required to suffer through.

I have no motivation to do anything for that module, I am concentrating on my marketing modules for now...But come Wednesday I'll get stuck into them.....Not looking forward to that! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

I left Limerick and returned home to Laois to study where its warm, and I can get dinners cooked for me...

But I'm finding it ridiculously difficult to concentrate! :(

But at least its warm here :)

Peas in a pod! Im back in Laois too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Diamond007 wrote: »
    Oh dear, don't tell him that..he'll start arranging 'study dates' with you now!;):pac:

Awh sure i havent a clue about anyone or who they are so wont be a prob, thanks for the warning though :cool:

Cool, the quota of Laois ppl has returned after Kaimera's departure. Laois ftw!!
    Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Oh dear, don't tell him that..he'll start arranging 'study dates' with you now!;):pac:

Now now, no need to be jealous ;) You had your chance :P
    But seriously, that might not be a bad idea :pac:
    Awh sure i havent a clue about anyone or who they are so wont be a prob, thanks for the warning though :cool:

Nevermind F_M, you dont need to be warned off me, I'm like CSON, I'm harmless [but I dont wear pink underwear!!]

Dont know who Kamiera is.. But did know loads of Laois people who graduated the year before last, maybe they were on boards?

As for study dates, Sradbally is too far for me to be travelling in the cold :P

Just sent you an email there Mossin....haven't gone through it in detail or at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

I dont like.....no..

I hate............no....

Nothing beats law for essays and convoluted ****e. Trying to turn a 5 word sentance into a 20 word one. :(

Nevermind F_M, you dont need to be warned off me, I'm like CSON, I'm harmless [but I dont wear pink underwear!!]

Harmless eh? :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if we've had this conversation before Mossin, but it would appear we share a birthday, give or take a year or 2. Just noticed that there.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Cool, the quota of Laois ppl has returned after Kaimera's departure. Laois ftw!!

Why not add one more ................. Come on the TOWN!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Dont know who Kamiera is..
    Quiet

<_<
    >_>

He'll hear you...
    nq249k76z5b5ew324l0p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I decided to have a nap last night so that I'd be bright eyed and bushy tailed for study.

Got into bed at 6pm and set my alarm for 9. Sure enough, woke up at 9 feeling very well-rested but couldn't help noticing my room was very bright. Looked at my phone - it was fecking 9AM, not PM. I slept for 15 hours, and I wasn't even that tired!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

*leans back in chair and sniggers quietly to self over people in a tizzy over exams*

*realises working sucks and would give a lot to be back in college*

sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i just decided to have 4 oatabix instead of two so i dont have to go to the library so soon.

is anyone in the library now? are there seats?

Who wants to help me with one of my exam questions? I have to write an essay on one of five topics to test my grammar and vocab in Irish (yes, just like in the Leaving). Like the Leaving, it'll probably be based on the things that are big in the news when the paper was being written but I have a mental block - apart from the Recession, what else has been big in the news over the past month or two? I want to prepare some vocabulary.

Last year we got; a Gaeilgeor's life at college; the culture of irish dancing today - getting stronger or weaker?; Women in sport; Sports people should be allowed take drugs; Multilanguage policies in the EU. So really it could be based on anything, but better safe than sorry!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

ergonomics wrote: »
    Who wants to help me with one of my exam questions? I have to write an essay on one of five topics to test my grammar and vocab in Irish (yes, just like in the Leaving). Like the Leaving, it'll probably be based on the things that are big in the news when the paper was being written but I have a mental block - apart from the Recession, what else has been big in the news over the past month or two? I want to prepare some vocabulary.

Last year we got; a Gaeilgeor's life at college; the culture of irish dancing today - getting stronger or weaker?; Women in sport; Sports people should be allowed take drugs; Multilanguage policies in the EU. So really it could be based on anything, but better safe than sorry!

I'm sorry, I'd love to help but I'm terrible at irish!

Barrack Obama maybe? That guy has been in the news recently for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

ergonomics wrote: »
    apart from the Recession, what else has been big in the news over the past month or two? I want to prepare some vocabulary.

The US election results.

Edit: Peteee just got there before me

• Advertisement

The shame. I just have a complete mental block. I am mortified that I couldn't think of the elections. Durrr.

Advertisement