Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OFFICIAL exams and how to procrastinate yourself into oblivion thread December 08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭cson

Scandal :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

As previously remarked upon (ages ago), pretty girls out in force once again in the library.

I remember last May a friend of mine from outside UL had to meet me here for something, so I tortured him by taking him on a tour of the library! ha!ha!ha!

Go on, hang around level 2 and use that irresistable law charm to pull one of them :p

cson wrote: »
    Go on, hang around level 2 and use that irresistable law charm to pull one of them :p

Are you saying I don't? :pac: Music section is where the cool people go :rolleyes:

I predict levels of make-up useage to increase throughout the exam period as tiredness shows through the layers of mascara already applied. It's tough having been studying in the the library all day til 530- can't miss Home and Away- (don't forget the study breaks at 10,11,12,1,2,3,4 and 5- and a quick chat with Sinead across the way at 1030,1130,1230 etc), early to bed at 12 (because its exams, like) then having to get up at 0600 to get the makeup on to look good again for the morning.

Apparently

klong wrote: »
    :I predict levels of make-up useage to increase throughout the exam period as tiredness shows through the layers of mascara already applied. It's tough having been studying in the the library all day til 530- can't miss Home and Away- (don't forget the study breaks at 10,11,12,1,2,3,4 and 5- and a quick chat with Sinead across the way at 1030,1130,1230 etc), early to bed at 12 (because its exams, like) then having to get up at 0600 to get the makeup on to look good again for the morning.

Thats some routine you got going there klong.

Who's Sinead?

:pac:

• Advertisement

Thats some routine you got going there klong.

Who's Sinead?

:pac:

Company law lecturer, of course...:o

Ah, we in L&A haven't been blessed with a Company Law module as of yet.

As for the rest of the modules; Filthy post-grads fooking up the curve :mad: ;)

Ah, we in L&A haven't been blessed with a Company Law module as of yet.

As for the rest of the modules; Filthy post-grads fooking up the curve :mad: ;)

Be glad, be very very glad you haven't that that, eh, experience yet :pac:

Now I must return to the perving studying :mad:

As a certain labour law lecturer might say, has anyone got any questions or comments? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ergonomics wrote: »
    I picked up some Tesco brand Red Bull when I was in town earlier since my attention span is non-existent. It's crazy stuff. I had one can and my hands are shaking and I have so much energy and want to do so much...

...but I still don't want to study.
    Can't beat Aldi's red thunder, 6 cans for €2.20 or something like that, I go through so much of it but I find it so good for studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

1huge1 wrote: »
    Can't beat Aldi's red thunder, 6 cans for €2.20 or something like that, I go through so much of it but I find it so good for studying.

I would love a Red Bull now, Im trying to get through my BIM study, but I also have a splitting headache...:(

I don't think large amounts of caffine and sugar will help that.

Still, I gotthe house to myself, and have music blaring from my laptop.
    So it's all good:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

I would love a Red Bull now, Im trying to get through my BIM study, but I also have a splitting headache...:(

Last year everyone tried to leave the exam hall before they were allowed to for that module.

That is the biggest retard module going. The lecturer is sound out but jesus, don't bother your arse studying for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I dont like ECONOMICS

I've written an essay on tourism, but its fairly airy fairy tbh, I just cant be arsed doing much more.

I'm going on to do demographics next, but with the amount of notes I've got for it, I'll be all night doing it...

Then that leaves just one more to do...probably CAP, but I think everyone will choose that, and it'll be marked harder as a result...

Oooohhh I dont know what to do :confused::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Mossin wrote: »
    I dont like ECONOMICS

I've written an essay on tourism, but its fairly airy fairy tbh, I just cant be arsed doing much more.

I'm going on to do demographics next, but with the amount of notes I've got for it, I'll be all night doing it...

Then that leaves just one more to do...probably CAP, but I think everyone will choose that, and it'll be marked harder as a result...

Oooohhh I dont know what to do :confused::(

i did the one on inequality, it's pretty straight forward.. i wasn't going to do it cause i missed the lecture but reading over the notes its grand and the past questions on it have been alright too..there's a reading for it on public folders and that basically has everything in it..
    i did tourism and cap as well, my cap one sucks so im prob going to have to go back to it over the weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That is the biggest retard module going. The lecturer is sound out but jesus, don't bother your arse studying for it!

Really?

I saw some of the questions on a sample paper Eoin gave us...some of thm looked pretty tough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ergonomics wrote: »
    I picked up some Tesco brand Red Bull when I was in town earlier since my attention span is non-existent. It's crazy stuff. I had one can and my hands are shaking and I have so much energy and want to do so much...

...but I still don't want to study.
    'kick' its called no?

I know I went thru summet like 18 cans in 12 hours on rainbow6 vegas marathon.

I was in the library ALL day from 10 this morning till 6, finished studying management principles and microeconomics, I wrote up really good notes on the computer, if you want them pm me your email.

I've barely touched BIM but I got like 30% out of 40% from the computer tests so it should be easy to pass, but those exam papers are from the old module, we are the 1st year doing the revised course so those exam papers are more of a guideline.
    Still though it looks fairly easy but I wont be doing BIM next semester as im doing business with german and when cyour doing BIM 2 ill be doing german. Eoin is a legend though.

, if you want them pm me your ID.

Quagmire, is that you? :pac:

Paddy Buckley is the legend of BIM 1 that I remember.

I do not know of this "Eoin" you speak of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Ah had coffee with Paddy this morning. Paddy's PhD is coming to an end so he's no longer teaching staff AFAIK.

• Advertisement

klong wrote: »
    Quagmire, is that you? :pac:
    giggity

Anyone ever been J1in?

Can't decide where to go....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

How bout goin on the piss on a camping tour of Ireland instead, svae the flight and accommodation money:cool:

I think Dr Evil put it nicely;

"How 'bout NO, ya crazy dutch bastard!"

Ireland can fook off with itself and its shoite weather this summer. :cool:

I fully realise the Murphys law will apply here and summer 09 in Ireland will be the hottest on record while USA will be hurricaned outta it!

damn all those energy drinks, I can't get to sleep and i'm completely wired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

damn all those energy drinks, I can't get to sleep and i'm completely wired.
    masterbate.

I mean if you are as your namesake, that huge one should keep ya going for quite a while :)

kaimera wrote: »
    masterbate.

I mean if you are as your namesake, that huge one should keep ya going for quite a while :)
    Ah yes the old username coming back to haunt me,

well im just watching back to back ''how i met your mother'' so that'll keep me going

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Anyone ever been J1in?

Can't decide where to go....

One generally goes to the USA :pac:
    kaimera wrote: »
    masterbate.

For someone who does it so much, at least learn to spell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

My dog is determined that I am not going to study. She can't understand why I'm home and not lavishing her with attention as usual and she is trying everything to get my attention. She has tried staring at me forlornly. Sitting on my books. Putting her toys on my laptop. Hiding so I have to go look for her. She pushed her bed down the stairs. Now she's wedged in behind me so I can't sit comfortably. I will not give in though. I refuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

i must say the library is lovely and quite today. haha typical as i was typing that someones phone rang..
    now if i could only stop coming on to boards i might actually get something done!

Advertisement