Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building to Building Wifi Sender

Options
  • 01-12-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Right guys hoping someone can help me here, Theres a local squash alley near me and we're going to be installing a 8 channel network ready DVR.

What I want to do is connect the DVR to the chairmans house so he can keep an eye on whos playing etc.

His house is approx. 300 ft away. What I'm wondering is what power do I need for the aerials at that distance as I dont want to put in an absurd setup and wipe everyone else out.

**tp://www.wifi-antennas.co.uk/index.php?target=categories&category_id=209

Or does anybody know of a chart or formula to work out the distance and power needed.

Thanks again everyone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

If its perfect line of sight then 300 ft is no distance at all. Even using a 120 degree directional(ish) 9db antennae at each end will work up to 1/4 mile.
    For what its worth, I have one of that companies 18db directional aerial here but found it not great. Much prefer the grid type. Be careful about what type of cable you use as you lose a LOT of power in it.

Advertisement