Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Moisture on the inside of my car??

Options
  • 01-12-2008 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I'm a little bit clueless when it comes to cars, so wanted to ask some advice here...

A few months ago I noticed a damp patch in my boot which I assumed was from something maybe having spilled there or something - I tried at the time to air out the boot and to leave it with nothing in it so that it could dry, but the damp is still there. Then last Saturday when I was going out, the car was frozen over so I had to scrape ice off the window and blast the heaters in the car to melt the rest. As I was sitting there waiting, I was wondering why the windscreen wipers didn't seem to be removing all the water/ice, until I realised that the inside of the windscreen was absolutely soaking! The same on the back window too, the water was dripping down the inside of the window.

I guess some sort of seal has come loose or something somewhere in the car, is this possible? Does anyone here know, how would someone go about locating the leak and fixing it, and would this be a big (i.e. expensive!) job? Or is there anything else that would cause this problem? Would appreciate any feedback! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

What type of car do you drive. If its a hatchback it could well be the tube running to the rear washer jet has come undone.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

It is a hatchback alright, Ford Focus (2000)

Would that affect the moisture on the whole inside of the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

jmcwobbles wrote: »
    It is a hatchback alright, Ford Focus (2000)

Would that affect the moisture on the whole inside of the car?

Yeah it could do, or you could have more than 1 leak.

Also check the seals around your rear lights, that could also be the cause of your leak

Will do, thanks - but if the seals are leaking is that something I could fix myself or would I have to bring it to a mechanic? Hopefully it's just the washer jet that sounds like the easiest scenario! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

jmcwobbles wrote: »
    Will do, thanks - but if the seals are leaking is that something I could fix myself or would I have to bring it to a mechanic? Hopefully it's just the washer jet that sounds like the easiest scenario! :)

You should be able to replace them yourself, not a difficult job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

lift out your spare wheel and check for water in the well. if there is water in there then there is a rubber grommet at the base of the spare wheel well that can be easily removed.

Cool will do - thanks a mil for all the tips, hopefully you're all right and it'll be nice and easy to sort :)

Advertisement