Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a phone last week...

• 01-12-2008 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

As the thread title would indicate, I bought a new phone last week. A SE W910i and a very nice phone it is too. I bought it online from the O2 store for €149 on Wednesday and received it on Friday in perfect condition.

All good, except now I find, having gone back onto the O2 shop to look up a phone my girlfriend is thinking of buying, that they're now selling the exact same phone for €119.

Do I have any recourse here at all to ask for a refund of the difference or is it just a case of buyer beware?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Nope, as with anything you buy, its hard luck.

If you went to the o2 shop and it was €179 would you offer them the €30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Well the first thing the o2 shop will say is that they've nothing to do with the online store.

Secondly, with Christmas around the corner, price drops are expected and you went through a contract online and agreed to pay that price.

Would be a different story is you were assured it wouldn't drop in price anytime soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

noblestee wrote: »
    Nope, as with anything you buy, its hard luck.

If you went to the o2 shop and it was €179 would you offer them the €30?

LOL, Brilliant response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Nope there in nothing you can do!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

As the thread title would indicate, I bought a new phone last week. A SE W910i and a very nice phone it is too. I bought it online from the O2 store for €149 on Wednesday and received it on Friday in perfect condition.

All good, except now I find, having gone back onto the O2 shop to look up a phone my girlfriend is thinking of buying, that they're now selling the exact same phone for €119.

Do I have any recourse here at all to ask for a refund of the difference or is it just a case of buyer beware?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

rubbish! when u sign a contract there is a 14 day cooling off period, so simply go back and cancel..tell them u know ur rights and u know u have a 14 day cooling off period..get a refund, then go buy the fone again at the reduced price..this heppened to me b4, and after a lot of argueing in carphone warehouse, i got my money back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

From o2's Website.......
    2. Your right to return the Mobile Phone/Pack

2.1. You may only use your Mobile Phone, and other apparatus supplied, in accordance with the Users Guide. O2 is not the manufacturer of the Mobile Phone and do not give any warranty in relation to the functionality, merchantability, suitability or fitness for purpose of such a handset. You are solely responsible for any fault with the Mobile Phone or interference or problems with the Service caused by use contrary to the manufacturer's User Guide.

2.2. In the event that your Pack is faulty or deficient at the time of purchase and you return the Pack to us in accordance with our Returns Procedure your Pack will be repaired, or wholly or partly replaced. Details of the Returns Procedure is available on our Website.

2.3. As a consumer of goods and services you are entitled to certain statutory rights. The provisions of the Agreement do not affect your statutory rights

Isn't the 14-day period for Post-paid customers only. I assume the W910i was bought as a pre-pay handset, and needs to be deemed faulty for return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,025 ✭✭✭✭listermint

where did he say contract?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

If you buy something online you have a 7 day cooling off period.

http://www.eccireland.ie/topics/shopping_online.html#cancel
    http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Learning_Zone/Guides_To_Consumer_Law/Buying_Online/

Whether it's worth sending back though is another issue. You'll have to post it back at your expense so that'll eat up some of the €30. Then you'll be without your phone for a while until you get another one.

Edit: O2 have some info on their site.
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Find+out+more/Delivery+and+returns/
    They do say they'll refund it up to 7 days after you've bought it provided it's not used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

sorry..i assumed it was a contract phone..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 LockeTribal

Thanks for all the info folks.

I had considered returning it and rebuying it, but it's just a lot of bother (guess the €30 doesn't mean that much to me after all :)).

It was also supposed to come with "exclusive Bond content", but there's no sign of this. Anybody know it's supposed to be?

EDIT: Sorry, should have been clearer. It's a pay-as-you-go phone, not contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

It was also supposed to come with "exclusive Bond content", but there's no sign of this. Anybody know it's supposed to be?

If the exclusive Bond content isnt there then it wasnt fit for purpose so you have a right to be either given one that has what they say it should have, or be given your money back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Is it not the c902 with the Bond material

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

noblestee wrote: »
    Isn't the 14-day period for Post-paid customers only. I assume the W910i was bought as a pre-pay handset, and needs to be deemed faulty for return.

Yeah Faulty..lol Sher just say it switches on and off all the time and freezes. A fault they cant see and will return it straight away.

Advertisement