Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Armageddon Spoilers

• 01-12-2008 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

WWE's 14-12-08 Armageddon PPV

The current Armageddon card is as follows:

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
    John Cena (C) vs Chris Jericho

WWE Championship Triple Threat Match:
    Edge (C) vs Triple H vs Jeff Hardy

AArmageddon2008Poster.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Randy Orton will probably be facing Boretista!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The official theme song for Armageddon is "Chinese Democracy" by Guns N' Roses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

JP Liz wrote: »
    AArmageddon2008Poster.jpg

Presedenté jericho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

They sure love them triple threats!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

They sure love them triple threats!!

Not really if you look at the PPV cards this year

• Advertisement

Last year's Armageddon main event was a triple threat, SurvivorSeries had a triple threat match booked for the belt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Last year's Armageddon main event was a triple threat, SurvivorSeries had a triple threat match booked for the belt.

Booked for three days.....

It was announced on Raw that Batista will face Randy Orton at WWE's Armageddon PPV on December 14th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It was announced on Raw that Batista will face Randy Orton at WWE's Armageddon PPV on December 14th.

Ah keep that one for Mania! :mad:

Pittsburgh area fan said that a commercial advertising RAW on 12-15 in Pittsburgh at the Mellon Arena promoted Batista vs John Cena vs World Champion Chris Jericho.

WWE Armageddon PPV is the day before, December 14 at the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NJ

This may suggest a title change will occur at the PPV, or the commercial was simply produced when Jericho was still Champion.

• Advertisement

Pittsburgh area fan said that a commercial advertising RAW on 12-15 in Pittsburgh at the Mellon Arena promoted Batista vs John Cena vs World Champion Chris Jericho.

WWE Armageddon PPV is the day before, December 14 at the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NJ

This may suggest a title change will occur at the PPV, or the commercial was simply produced when Jericho was still Champion.
    That one, no way is Cena losing the belt yet. Its a pity that Hacketts stopped betting on WWE because I would have no problem putting a lot of money on Cena retaining.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    That one, no way is Cena losing the belt yet. Its a pity that Hacketts stopped betting on WWE because I would have no problem putting a lot of money on Cena retaining.

you can/could bet on wrestling ?!! :eek::eek:

you can/could bet on wrestling ?!! :eek::eek:

http://www.hacketts.ie/
    That lot used to bet on PPV'S! They used to throw up the odds a few days before they went off. The odds were always very skimpy for example each wrestler would be 5/6...I do recall Hunter was 1/6 to beat Khali at SSlam and Khali was 7/2. They stopped one the NFL came back though:mad:

UPDATE

Several days ago we reported that ads had run in Pittsburgh promoting Batista vs Cena vs World Champion, Jericho at Raw following the upcoming WWE PPV, and wondered about Jericho being promoted as World Champ the day after a PPV.

As we noted likely this was an early ad, as recent ads are promoting a Street Fight between Cena & Jericho for RAW in Pittsburgh.

Interestingly, who is the World Champion in the match is not mentioned in the newer ad.

CM Punk will take on Rey Mysterio in the match to determine who the number 1 contender for the Intercontinental title will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,335 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'd be very, very annoyed if Cena was to lose the belt, it would simply be another change way too fast.

Seriously, how long has it been since Punk won the belt? It has since gone to Jericho, to Batista, to Jericho, to Cena. Swapping the champ around so much devalues the current holder imo, and makes crap of each reign.

The following is the current card for WWE's Armageddon PPV this Sunday night following tonight's ECW broadcast:

-John Cena vs Chris Jericho for the World Heavyweight Championship

-Edge vs Jeff Hardy vs Triple H in a Triple Threat match for the WWE Title

-Batista vs Randy Orton

-C.M. Punk vs Rey Mysterio in the finals of the Intercontinental Title Tournament

-Matt Hardy vs Vladimir Kozlov in a non-title singles match

-Finlay vs Mark Henry in a singles match with some kind of stipulation to be announced via WWE Mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

wtf is the point of Hardy Kozlov..Kozlov will obviously win it like

callaway92 wrote: »
    wtf is the point of Hardy Kozlov..Kozlov will obviously win it like

Yeah, looks like filler to me.
    The Armageddon is an inbetween PPV, I suppose we ain't to expect a hell of a lot from it. Mysterio/Punk might be good.Finlay's got a long night ahead of him! Cena's obviously going to win, I can't see anything exciting happening in that match whatsoever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

In perhaps a somewhat telling future of the state of the WWE Title, a house show in hot Springs, Arkansas, is advertising a WWE Championship match between Edge and Jeff Hardy, suggesting that either the "Rated R Superstar," or the "Unique Enigma" will be coming out on top at this Sunday's PPV. Other matches on the card, which is to be held at The Summit Arena, include:

*Triple H vs. Vladimir Kozlov in an Anything Goes Street Fight
    *The Big Show vs. The Great Khali
    *Also appearing are Shelton Benjamin, R-Truth, MVP, Natalya, The Brian Kendrick, Ezekiel, Maria, Primo and Carlito

• Advertisement

WWE.com has announced that Finlay and Mark Henry will compete in a Belfast Brawl match at Armageddon this Sunday night. Finlay last wrestled in a Belfast Brawl match when he was defeated by JBL at Wrestlemania 24.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Hasn't there been a few Belfast Brawls since Mania?!

brolly wrote: »
    Hasn't there been a few Belfast Brawls since Mania?!

I think so, sure all it is a glorified street fight:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Ill give my predictions:

World Heavyweight Champion John Cena vs. Chris Jericho

Cena

WWE Championship: Edge vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H (Triple Threat)

Edge

Eight-Diva Santa's Little Helper Match

Maria

Batista vs. Randy Orton

Orton please god

ECW Champion Matt Hardy vs. Vladimir Kozlov

Kozlov

Finlay vs. Mark Henry (Belfast Brawl)

Henry

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk - Intercontinental Title Tournament Finals

Punk

Oh christ:rolleyes:
    As first reported by WWE Mobile on AT&T, eight of the Sexiest Women on Television will do battle at Armageddon when Divas Champion Michelle McCool, Maria, Mickie James & Kelly Kelly go up against Victoria, Natalya, Jillian & Maryse in a Santa's Little Helper Match. Which team will come out on top and who will be on the wrong end of season's beatings?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/armageddon/...93508/preview/

I just read that as "Santa's little slapper"....
    oops :pac:

Who here saw Armageddon 99 ? or rather, who here saw Kat's boobies at Armageddon 99 ? Ahh, the good auld risky days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Oh christ:rolleyes:

Excellent, they fitted the piss break into the roster, always handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I just read that as "Santa's little slapper"....
    oops :pac:

Who here saw Armageddon 99 ? or rather, who here saw Kat's boobies at Armageddon 99 ? Ahh, the good auld risky days.

Ah i remember it well, was only talkin about it with a mate this morning.
    I miss the Attitude era!

Most do. And most have turned to watching UFC :pac:

I've never really been a fan of the Armageddon PPVs, mind you I've not seen the last few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I've never really been a fan of the Armageddon PPVs, mind you I've not seen the last few.

Armageddon has been bloody awful since 2002 in my honest opinion. Save for the 4 way ladder match in 2006 which was pretty much the downfall of Joey Mercury's career. The 3 stages of hell in 2002 between Shawn and HHH was awesome though. Would have been a great way to finish that feud between the two at the time, if only they had left it at that.

Wasn't that 3Fall match like 50mins or something ? They really dragged that fued out.

I think the December PPVs have always been a bit crap. They're usually just a stop off until Royal Rumble. I can't really think of many that I liked. There's been some good matches but I can't think of a stellar December PPV :confused:

Wasn't that 3Fall match like 50mins or something ? They really dragged that fued out.

I think the December PPVs have always been a bit crap. They're usually just a stop off until Royal Rumble. I can't really think of many that I liked. There's been some good matches but I can't think of a stellar December PPV :confused:

One springs to mind, Rock Bottom in 98.
    But thats about it.

Was it that WCW always had their main PPV -Starrcade- in December so they didn't really bother competing too much ?

Don't know if this is interesting or not but of all the December PPVs going back to 1995 there's only been 4 World Title changes - 2 of which were at that 2002 Armageddon.
    Of course there was also Vengence 2001 which had Jericho win the Undisputed Belt .

Was it that WCW always had their main PPV -Starrcade- in December so they didn't really bother competing too much ?

I highly doubt it, as big as Starrcade was hyped as being the Grandaddy Of Them all, Starrcade has been pretty much been a boring-ass PPV since about 1992, prior to WWE even having a December PPV.

Don't know if this is interesting or not but of all the December PPVs going back to 1995 there's only been 4 World Title changes - 2 of which were at that 2002 Armageddon.
    Of course there was also Vengence 2001 which had Jericho win the Undisputed Belt .

Jericho, claiming to be the first undisputed champion, despite the fact that Savage and Flair had held that specific title, one winning at a tournament, the other winning it at the Royal Rumble. That always made me chuckle.

Ah yes, Vince and his "wrestling fans have amnesia" mentality.

Here we go!
    Hey! CBG and KKV will love the backdrop for this PPV

Jobberweight title first. :)
    Get the crap out of the way, Koslov is getting this.

• Advertisement

You watching this shawn ? <shocked sarcastic smiley here>
    This match hopefully will be short and painless.....
    hopefully :pac:

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Here we go!
    Hey! CBG and KKV will love the backdrop for this PPV

Jobberweight title first. :)
    Get the crap out of the way, Koslov is getting this.
    Belt is not on the line.....

Yeah i've only just copped that now.
    Yeah Alan, i'm watching. I also have my JD in tow, something tells me i'm gonna need it.

Short and inoffensive.
    Hate to say this, but not a bad carry job by Hardy.

Oh dear Matt is jobbing again...

• Advertisement

Jobbitude is running wild.
    Chavo makes a great coffee boy! More prestige than being the ECW champion i guess. :)

Oh no
    STOP! Hornswoggle is NOT a child! He's about 23 or something!

Mysterio to win the belt, it's obvious! It's gonna be his new gimmick.
    Rey "The Hitman" Mysterio - The Pink And Black-a-cack!

What the hell was that "wah wah wah waaaah" coming from the audience?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

punk v rey is pretty enjoyable!!!

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Mysterio to win the belt, it's obvious! It's gonna be his new gimmick.
    Rey "The Hitman" Mysterio - The Pink And Black-a-cack!

What the hell was that "wah wah wah waaaah" coming from the audience?!

Fun end to that match
    PUNK WINS!!!:p

yes! punk ftw....

hes looking good lately.. barring the repeated cock up of the gts

Damn good match. Probably one of the better ones i've seen from WWE in months.It looked like a fairly stuff shot, with the GTS. never liked that move.

Time to change his name to CP Botch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ouch, that looked pretty painful

He got some height on Rey when he hoisted him for the GTS though. Not a bad match that

Jeff "Why So Serious?!" Hardy

hahaha state of the hardy promo...

• Advertisement
Advertisement