Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Armageddon Spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Easy boss, that was kinda my fault, i got in before the warning. He probably automatically responded before you got the warning in. ;)

:o:o i did sorry!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Rjd2 wrote: »
    as long as the unstoppable burying machine does not win and more importantly takes the pin

Sorry, HulkaCena already won, didn't you see? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Easy boss, that was kinda my fault, i got in before the warning. He probably automatically responded before you got the warning in. ;)

I know, I was only messing :)

And you guys think I don't have a sense of humour (hey, I didn't say it was a good one! :p)
    I'd like to see this. :)

Me too.

I get the feeling there's a crazy bump coming from Jeff in this match, all this talk of sacrifice and doing whatever it takes has me thinking something crazy is on the cards.

i hate staying up late and seeing cena winning again, turn im already

is it me or is jeff hardy turning into a joker type character

already cracked that joke two or three pages ago ;)

come on edge!! hes a hero!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Sorry, HulkaCena already won, didn't you see? :mad:
    To be fair financially it would be suicide to take the belt of Cena seeing as the ratings have gone up drastically since his return.

:o:o i did sorry!!

Why I oughta........ :p

Funny sign of the night

WARRIOR
    TRIPLE H
    MANIA25

To be fair financially it would be suicide to take the belt of Cena seeing as the ratings have gone up drastically since his return.

No it wouldn't, the belt is still a spinner and he no longer needs it as he's still uber over.

No it wouldn't, the belt is still a spinner and he no longer needs it as he's still uber over.

Cena as champ is good for ratings he consistently gets 3.4 million, Hunter +orton got nowhere near that, and while I love him Jericho struggled to hit 3 million as champ.Face it Cena will be champ for a long time, or till he makes another movie.:o

• Advertisement

Cena as champ is good for ratings he consistently gets 3.4 million, Hunter +orton got nowhere near that, and while I love him Jericho struggled to hit 3 million as champ.Face it Cena will be champ for a long time, or till he makes another movie.:o

How do we know that? He was given the belt the second he came back?!

Painful looking spear there!!

holy ****! holy ****!

Am I the only one thinking Jeff looked a bit out of it earlier in the match? That bit with Edge in the turnbuckle looked very sloppy

Come on Hardy dammit, I've been waiting years for him to get the title! If he gets this I'm gonna mark out like crazy!

This match is a mess!!

Conchairto time!!! :D

Bloody hell, talk about a wild swing of a chair!

HARDY WINS!! HARDY WINS!!! HARDY WINS!!
    Crowd is eating it up with a spoon.

Always knew Jeff would get a major strap before Matt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I WAS RIGHT! :)

I really enjoyed that match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Holy crap, didn't think that would happen!!! :eek:

Delighted though :D

• Advertisement

lets hope he doesnt "celebrate" too hard..

Messy match, exciting finish though.
    Where are the commentators?!

Messy match, exciting finish though.
    Where are the commentators?!

You'd prefer a Tenay/West style "HE'S CELEBRATING WITH THE BELT NOW!" commentary? :pac:

What the ****!!!!:mad:
    Yet another brief Edge title regn, for goodness sake he deserved to hold the belt for longer, and he took the pin?:mad::mad::mad:
    Worst PPV of the year.
    Orestes enjoy your moment, I like Jeff to but seriously would you not have perferred him to get it a PPV like Mania?

WOOHOO!!! Yes, yes, frigging YES! \o/

Don't look at me like that, I warned you all I'd mark out :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Why couldnt HHH just drop the title straight?, Having Edge in between HHH and Jeff ruined it in my opinion they held it off too long and put themselves in a hole he had to get it tonight or he was done, because he couldnt keep blabbing

What the ****!!!!:mad:
    Yet another brief Edge title regn, for goodness sake he deserved to hold the belt for longer, and he took the pin?:mad::mad::mad:
    Worst PPV of the year.

Jesus, you're never f*cking happy!
    First you were saying that you'd like Jeff to take the belt
    Now you're pissed because Edge doesn't have it.

Both guys can't have it, thats the power of logical deduction!

Definitely not worst PPV of the year, that goes to Summerslam and it's farcical ending.

Not an offensive PPV at all, bout time they put the belt on Jeff, here's hoping he won't blow the opportunity. I don't think he will though.

orestes wrote: »
    WOOHOO!!! Yes, yes, frigging YES! \o/

Don't look at me like that, I warned you all I'd mark out :o

Where are the mods for crying out loud?! :D

EdK wrote: »
    Why couldnt HHH just drop the title straight?, Having Edge in between HHH and Jeff ruined it in my opinion they held it off too long and put themselves in a hole he had to get it tonight or he was done, because he couldnt keep blabbing

Because it could set up for a badly needed heel turn where HHH can say "Well you didn't beat me for the belt", and a rematch, which is inevitable anyway.

When? That's another story.
    But hey, don't let good forward planning get in the way of another opportunity for some HHHating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Am I the only one who think it cheapens it?, I'm happy Jeff finally won but i'm not sold on the circumstances

Am I the only one who think it cheapens it?, I'm happy Jeff finally won but i'm not sold on the circumstances

It's only a short term feeling. Did anyone feel cheapened the way Savage won the belt at Wrestlemania IV with Hogans interference? Of course not, they were just glad he got it after six months of being the second biggest face after Hogan.

People got over it then, they'll get over it now. Jeff went over, it doesn't matter who went over except those who are dead set on losing sleep over HHHating.

Jesus, you're never f*cking happy!
    First you were saying that you'd like Jeff to take the belt
    Now you're pissed because Edge doesn't have it.

Both guys can't have it, thats the power of logical deduction!

Definitely not worst PPV of the year, that goes to Summerslam and it's farcical ending.

Not an offensive PPV at all, bout time they put the belt on Jeff, here's hoping he won't blow the opportunity. I don't think he will though.

Jeff as champ is fine but seriously the more I think about it, it is ****e that we have had another way to brief Edge title reign. :(
    The crowd were dead tonight, they should have kept Jeff winning the title till Mania where you suspect the pop would have being savage.

It's only a short term feeling. Did anyone feel cheapened the way Savage won the belt at Wrestlemania IV with Hogans interference? Of course not, they were just glad he got it after six months of being the second biggest face after Hogan.

People got over it then, they'll get over it now. Jeff went over, it doesn't matter who went over except those who are dead set on losing sleep over HHHating.

Jeff as champ is fine but seriously the more I think about it, it is ****e that we have had another way to brief Edge title reign. :(
    The crowd were dead tonight, they should have kept Jeff winning the title till Mania where you suspect the pop would have being savage.

[MNG]
    Just means he's one more closer to Flair/HHH's amount of reigns[/MNG] ;)

Edge will get a proper run, Edge needs to be sent over to RAW. Last time there was an Edge and Cena feud, it was actually pretty awesome. They could replicate that again with no problem.

Where are the mods for crying out loud?! :D

Good call, you should report that post and have the trouble-making mark dealt with by the arse-kicking nazi mod of the forum :D

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    Good call, you should report that post and have the trouble-making mark dealt with by the arse-kicking nazi mod of the forum :D

We already have a bunch of snitches working for SIGPO, we don't need a bunch of em working for PW ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote: »
    So you just wanted him to keep on main eventing? That was never going to happen! Punk is not a main eventer and never will be in WWE

I wanted him to lose the title in a sensible manner and remain in the main event. Presumably that was why he won Money in the Bank yeah? To move up the ladder? Or in your eyes was the grand plan for him an IC title run?

MITB => World Title => Intercontinental title shot

Yeah that's real progress.

PS it's remarkable how you have completely lost faith in Punk, a guy you were often defending once upon a time. :)

On a happier note well done to Jeff on winning the big one.

What are the odds SuperHunter now goes and spikes his drink with something illegal? Wrestlemania's coming isn't it? :D

I wanted him to lose the title in a sensible manner and remain in the main event. Presumably that was why he won Money in the Bank yeah? To move up the ladder? Or in your eyes was the grand plan for him an IC title run?

Worked for Jericho didn't it?, after a horrid world title run he ended up with a couple of IC title runs before getting the big one again.

You're acting like it's all over for CP Munk. He's only been with the company a little over two years, trust me, he'll get there once he can prove he won't choke at the top.

With all due respect, m'man, patience never was your strong point. :)
    What are the odds SuperHunter now goes and spikes his drink with something illegal? Wrestlemania's coming isn't it? :D

So not rising to this after HULKACena has basically buried Jericho tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Well done Jeff, i;'m glad he won but why couldnt Hunter be pinned :mad:

Because it could set up for a badly needed heel turn where HHH can say "Well you didn't beat me for the belt", and a rematch, which is inevitable anyway.

When? That's another story.
    But hey, don't let good forward planning get in the way of another opportunity for some HHHating.

Hunter wont turn heel, apart from Jeff they have **** all creditable faces, Smackdown has Edge and an ambudance of midcard heels which are crying out for a push.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Jeff wins the belt very near xmas,is this just a coincidence or a clever idea by wwe to cash in on his big fan/kids support :confused:

An IC title run where they're actually pushing the belt as something important is moving up the ladder!

How about you include what came before the MITB? Or even what happened after, where he was still losing most weeks. That is real progress
    PS it's remarkable how you have completely lost faith in Punk, a guy you were often defending once upon a time. :)

I haven't lost faith in him. He was still the most entertaining wrestler around for a whole two years or so in my opinion. But his brand of entertainment from back then isn't something that the WWE is going to push. And neither is his current physique

I don't see any problems with how Jeff won. He pinned the champ. It's obviously leading somewhere because Edge is still pushing the idea that someone else attacked him in the hotel. If he had pinned HHH then HHH would still have to remain involved in a direct feud with Jeff, which doesn't seem to be where they're going

Although I could see HHH being revealed as the person who attacked Jeff now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Worked for Guerrero, wasn't he put in the US title program before his supposed second run with the belt before his untimely death?

This is wrestling, you're not very patient are you? His title run was a farce, give it time. :)

You're almost as bad as me for bitchfests during and after WWE PPV's, might need to change yer nick to Mr Angry Bastid ;)

Yeah, this isn't the first time that someone had the belt for a short time and then wrestled on the undercard for a while. The Rock went from title matches to wrestling Mr Ass in a Kiss my Ass match for heaven's sake!!

Triple H was in Main Events all throughout 2000 and then held the IC title strap for about 2months in 2001 before he lost his knee. Coincidently he beat Jeff for that strap. I thought that him winning the belt gave it a good bit of recognition!

It's never just IC belt =>> MITB or Royal Rumble =>> World Title
    That's too predictable. Punk might do some good things with the IC belt , we'll see :)
    Uh oh, looks like Jack Daniels found its way out the same way he came in :(

Aww, someone needs a real whiskey :D
    It's awful coming back up isn't ?
    jeffk wrote: »
    Jeff wins the belt very near xmas,is this just a coincidence or a clever idea by wwe to cash in on his big fan/kids support :confused:

I said last week that Jeff havingthe belt would be good for merch. business as the kids like him . I'm sure that it's a factor in him having the strap.

My laptop died last night, died a horrible horrible death - glad to see Jeff's got the belt though. I doubt he'll have it too long. I don't know, I'm interested/excited though.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Good PPV - a lot better than the last 3 or 4 anyway. Glad to see Jeff with the title - didn't expect it at all. I was banking on him winning the rumble and going on to win at Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

I cant even be happy Jeff won the title..The guy lost 3 or 4 title matches in a row...all credibilty was lost..He needed at LEASE a 5 or so match winning streak to get credibility again before he won the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

some people just dont have a clue but think they do,...3.4 in the Nielsen ratings does not mean 3.4 million viewers..It means RAW got 3.4% of the viewers at the time in America

HHH as champ on Raw this year was averaging around 3.75 million viewers a week. Orton as champ averaged around 4.2 million

Cena averaged around 4.4 million viewers a week

Not that that means a whole lot. What does seem to mean something is that the ratings have improved since Cena's returned

some people just dont have a clue but think they do,...3.4 in the Nielsen ratings does not mean 3.4 million viewers..It means RAW got 3.4% of the viewers at the time in America

Can you be any more patronising please? You know very well what I was getting at, and for the matter I know more about the Nielson ratings than you think.
    Anyways seriously Cena as champ = ratings, I mean I love y2j but he cant dry flies to ****, remember his last title reign. Vince is fully justified in giving Cena the belt, he spent the good part of the year jobbing his ass of to wrestlers with half of his ability.:cool:

Fozzy wrote: »
    HHH as champ on Raw this year was averaging around 3.75 million viewers a week. Orton as champ averaged around 4.2 million

Cena averaged around 4.4 million viewers a week

Not that that means a whole lot. What does seem to mean something is that the ratings have improved since Cena's returned
    Yes and drastically. Orton only drew that well, coming up to Mania as well, the numbers were brutal for the first few months.

Yes and drastically. Orton only drew that well, coming up to Mania as well, the numbers were brutal for the first few months.

No they weren't. Look at the numbers from October '07 to April '08: http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfraw.htm

The only really noticeable change is after Wrestlemania

I wouldn't say that "Cena as champ = ratings". I think that Cena just in the main event is ratings. I doubt that he needs to be champ

• Advertisement
Advertisement