Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres the salt?

Options
  • 01-12-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

The roads are like glass around north east Galway. It doesn't look like any salt has gone down I had full on sideways action yesterday I don't think the roads have seen any treatment. You could see the ice patches on the road so it wasn't to bad but one friend ended up in a ditch (at low speed no harm done).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Yeah, it was pretty bad. Left for the city at 7:50 and arrived in Eyre Square at 9:15. The usual influx was heavily slowed down with the cautious driving. What harm as long as there are no fatalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

ethernet wrote: »
    Yeah, it was pretty bad. Left for the city at 7:50 and arrived in Eyre Square at 9:15. The usual influx was heavily slowed down with the cautious driving. What harm as long as there are no fatalities.
    No fatality's but you wouldn't be saying that if you had to shell out a couple of hundred to fix damaged bumpers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

ScumLord wrote: »
    No fatality's but you wouldn't be saying that if you had to shell out a couple of hundred to fix damaged bumpers
    That's true too. Glad I'm not driving :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

ScumLord wrote: »
    The roads are like glass around north east Galway. It doesn't look like any salt has gone down I had full on sideways action yesterday I don't think the roads have seen any treatment. You could see the ice patches on the road so it wasn't to bad but one friend ended up in a ditch (at low speed no harm done).

Sometimes, when they grit and salt the roads, it is done too early in the morning and ends up freezing over again.
    Hopefully the cold spell will soon come to an end.
    It will probably sonw then.

Advertisement