Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband woes.... ;_;

Options
  • 01-12-2008 4:12pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So a few weeks back, my net started playing up. I have Eircom broadband, Netopia router, my net has worked fine since I first got wireless a year back. But it has since stopped working. AT first it wasnt too bad; the net would go every few days for a few hours and then come back. Not we're lucky if it works one day in 3.

We replaced the router but that didn't work. We turned off any wireless devices (Phones, etc) but that didn't work (Didn't think it would, since we never had any problems before hand with them). I've changed the channel but that doesn't work either. Eircom help line offers zero support but we just cant get the signal to be picked up on the computer. It does work sometimes but rarely. It's not the computer either since the problem exists on all three computers as well as my Xbox.

Any advice? The only thing that has changed is that they are building a huge new shopping center nearby my house. Would that be causing some problems with my signal?

Thanks in advance...

TSC

Advertisement