Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying sounds in games

Options
  • 01-12-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

What sounds annoy you in games? Some games have really irritating sounds, and what's worse is the fact that you can't get away from them unless you mute the whole thing or eventually play past that part grinding your teeth. :mad:

Some of the noises I've hated in games;

The Windwaker, the noise the eagles make.
    Half Life 2, the moans of the zombies with the things stuck to their head

you?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Murloc in WoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Any game that has a "that don't do that" speech for a character, for when you try to use an object that won't work, or two incompatible objects. Especially in those old point and click adventures.. "that doesn't work" jesus I think I was going to break the TV from the amount of times I heard that. *shiver*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The codec noise in Metal Gear Solid 2. It was probably Rose again, the most annoying girlfriend ever. 'Do you remember what day it is Jack'. Who gives a ****. So what if he forgot it was your anniversary guys are meant to forget it unless they are gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Drakar wrote: »
    Murloc in WoW.
    Yep
    But I felt they redeemed it with the introduction of the baby murlocs
    jim o doom wrote: »
    Especially in those old point and click adventures.. "that doesn't work" jesus I think I was going to break the TV from the amount of times I heard that. *shiver*

Oh Rincewind...
    Yeah have to agree. I don't really play adventure games anymore, but I remember times when your trying to click on something very small but keep missing it and each time the game has to pause while your character makes his monotonous ***ing speech
    Don't know if this was discworld, but something similar

For me, the ones that annoyed me were the console intro's. (When you power it up). Back then, they used to annoy the hell out of me after a month of use. But I saw a you tube video not long ago, that had all the intros in one video and it was like nostalgic heroin shooting into my veins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

What are ya buying? What are ya sellin?

Come back anytime.

Most annoying character voice ever

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

ah come on! He was class.

"Hello Stranger"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Kick of the ball in the new PES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

WoW. Barrens voice channel.

NEED 25 GOLD FOR MOUNT FUKERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

What are ya buying? What are ya sellin?

Come back anytime.

Most annoying character voice ever

lol :D

For me, off the top of my head, the noise of the panzershreck reloading in MoH:AA used to sound like chalk scratching off a blackboard. I couldn't stand it. It made this horrible metal against metal scratching noise when you loaded the next rocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My brother used to get a great kick out of the Diablo 2 "Don't do that!" ones, namely:

"Stay out of the Palace!"
    "You may enter the palace!"
    "Stay out of trouble!"

"I can't do that here!"
    "Not in town!"
    "I can't!"

Nothing beats Cain's "Stay awhile and listen" though. They were annoying but I couldn't imagine the game without them now.

Most annoying though would be having extended conversations with that damn wookiee team mate from "KOTOR". At least the one in the movies was monosyllabic.

hmm, almost forgot...

DO A BARREL ROLL

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

L31mr0d wrote: »
    lol :D

Good God that's hilarious.

In Red Alert 1, Tanya saying "cha-ching!" fo the millionth time got damn annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I loved that. Not as good as the Commando from C&C though

"that was left-handed" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

That annoying Noober guy in Baldur's gate. He's an NPC who keeps following you around the town Nashkel.

"Heya"

"GRRAAAAHHH **** off you annoying twat!"

"Heya"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Navi from ocarina of time.

'Hey!'

'**** off!'

"Get out of here stalker"

"Don't just stand there, I said Please come in"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Ggrrr.

Nothing to see here move along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The random battle startup noise in FF7, that "whisssssssssssssshhhh" sound before the music in the battle screens started, because it played EVERY TIME I JUST WANTED TO GET ACROSS AN AREA WITHOUT FIGHTING SOMETHING

Lara Crofts grunts when she slighty brushed against a wall in the original TR game, said slight brush mean her stopping dead in her tracks, grrrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

Most of the NPCs in Morrowind:
    "Speak quickly, outlander or go away"

Covenant soldiers warbling (when killed) in the original Halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

krudler wrote: »
    The random battle startup noise in FF7, that "whisssssssssssssshhhh" sound before the music in the battle screens started, because it played EVERY TIME I JUST WANTED TO GET ACROSS AN AREA WITHOUT FIGHTING SOMETHING

+1

I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

Have to think of the great Dune II soundbites just to calm my nerves..... ahhhhhh thats better.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

formula 1 97

'You're right there Murray'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

noodler wrote: »
    I loved that. Not as good as the Commando from C&C though

"that was left-handed" etc.

Actually, that reminds me, the Green Beret from Commandos

"Oi'm coing round"
    "All right!"
    "Oi'll be there in a minute"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

does no one remember Aibe's Odyssey?? :P

other than that, in the Force Unleashed when you're on board the Shadow and Kota says; "yoouuuu'lll neeevveerrrrr defeeeaatt theee Eeeeemmmppiiiiree" in the whiniest pitch I've ever heard!!

and in AOE when each civilisation has a different sound for OK. Whenever you were the Celts, every time you clicked a villager you got "ceart". The whole way through was ceart, ceart, ceart, ceart...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Navi from ocarina of time.

'Hey!'

'**** off!'

Agreed.

Also in C&C, the coins adding up at the end of the round. Sometimes you could speed it up, others you could not (especially if you had a tonne of money at the end of a round)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

And the winner goes to ...

Pre-pubescent morons using the microphone in any steam game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Ah guys how can you mention CnC and not Silo's needed?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Ah guys how can you mention CnC and not Silo's needed?!

Because it made you build silos to get more credits

Advertisement