Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRobot Roomba 560

Options
  • 01-12-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where I can get a iRobot Roomba 560 in Ireland or cheaply online?

Amazon have it for ~£200 but will not ship to Ireland. The official site is changing £245 not including the P&P to Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

There was an an article about the Roomba Here - says you can get the 560 delivered here for €285. I'm tempted myself. It's like having a cleaner in your house for a few cents a day. I think I'll order one myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Thanks Ogham,

I say an ex-display 530 been sold in Debenhams for 399€ yesterday, it's the only place I've seen then in Ireland.
    Ogham wrote: »
    There was an an article about the Roomba Here - says you can get the 560 delivered here for €285. I'm tempted myself. It's like having a cleaner in your house for a few cents a day. I think I'll order one myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 egita

the cheapest I found is www.gordons-chemists.com around 200 EUR for 560 and they deliver next day

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

Harvey Norman have them too (530 and 560). Much more expensive than online, but the roomba does have a bit of a reputation for not being the most durable, so I think I might prefer to buy locally. I don't mind having to buy replacment brushes, filters etc, but I would be very very unhappy if the thing packed up altogether.

Just rang them and they only got a limited stock for xmas and will not be getting them back again.
    mmg0305 wrote: »
    Harvey Norman have them too (530 and 560). Much more expensive than online, but the roomba does have a bit of a reputation for not being the most durable, so I think I might prefer to buy locally. I don't mind having to buy replacment brushes, filters etc, but I would be very very unhappy if the thing packed up altogether.

• Advertisement

I got one before Christmas - and it's in use everyday. A brilliant idea. It's available for €237 delivered see links here .
    You have to make sure you clean it out after every couple of rooms - otherwise it can clog up. I hardly use the main vacuum anymore .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

We got one a few weeks back aswell - i couldnt believe that after i had gone out for an hour that my dad and sister were still sitting in the hall watching it clean !

We got it from an irish distributer (she is over in Donabate direction) but i think she may be running out of stock and not ordering in again.
    Ill try and get her website so you can shoot her an email.

edit: her site is http://www.easyliving.ie/
    though she is selling it for 350.
    (she might not have any 560 left)

You can get the 530 delivered here for 190 euro - so don't pay more than that. I got the 560 - but to be honest the only extra features seem to be the timer - which I never use. The 530 is just as good and cheaper.

http://www.buy-online-ireland.com/2008/robot-vacuum-cleaner-the-irobot-roomba-530/

They are out of stock of both models.

All the 560 comes with IR room sensors.
    You can get the 530 delivered here for 190 euro - so don't pay more than that. I got the 560 - but to be honest the only extra features seem to be the timer - which I never use. The 530 is just as good and cheaper.

http://www.buy-online-ireland.com/2008/robot-vacuum-cleaner-the-irobot-roomba-530/

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    They are out of stock of both models.

All the 560 comes with IR room sensors.

The 530 looks like it's in stock?

There are 2 "virtual walls" with the 560 and just one with the 530 - but one is usually all I use. You can buy extra ones if you need them.

• Advertisement

Why pay €309 delivered for the 560 when you can get it for €236 ? see here

It's € 277.52 ext Del not €236.

Link minus the spam
    http://www.electricshopping.ie/shop/en-ie/electric-shopping/home-garden/vacuum-cleaners/robotic/irobot-roomba-560-robot-vacuum-cleaner/index.html
    Why pay €309 delivered for the 560 when you can get it for €236 ? see here

That price must have gone up since I checked on the 24th. Still - its a saving of 27 euro over the other site even with delivery added on (282.52).
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Would love to get one of these ... anyone got a scooba (the floor washing robot?) ... are they too good to be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Thinking of getting one, are they any good?
    Have bad points, good points ect
    Opened a new thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60892089#post60892089
    Thanks in advance for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 peanut970

Knit wit wrote: »
    Would love to get one of these ... anyone got a scooba (the floor washing robot?) ... are they too good to be true?

probably to late now,but i have one for the past two months,i do love it but its like the roomba's stupid brother
    it washes the tiled kitchen floor great but it doesnt do corners
    its ok on sealed wood too but imo its leaves far too much water down for laminate,and you really need to let the floor dry for a good 20mins after its finished so ideally you'd use it when everones out except for the fact that it can get suck treshold unless there all the same level
    cleaning it after its finished is not too bad,just a rinse of the dirty water collection bin and the little tube thingy's
    it doesn't dock like the roomba you have to plug it in to charge
    i have to say i found myself waiting for it to finish to see how dirty the water was and then being disgusted that my floors were that dirty,it does do a good job on the whole
    all in all i'd say i was a little disappointed by it i really wanted it to be as good as the roomba but unfortunatly it wasn't:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Has anyone come across one of these at a reasonable price recently ?
    They seem to have gone up in price considerably since this thread came into being.Amazon.co.uk is £339.99 for one

According to this article you can get them online at House of Fraser. I checked today and the price was £269.99 plus £15 delivery - which works out at about €315 (Reduced from £299.99 in the Sale)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thank you for that Ogham .The price on House of Fraiser seems to be for the 530 rather than the 560. It's still very expensive though.

Does anyone know how these handle rugs on floors? Are they able to mount them and hoover them too or do you have to take up all rugs before you can let the roomba off to do its thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 peanut970

mine has no problem with rugs,but u need to make sure all wires are out of the way as they will get tangled,aslo be prepared to regularly clean the unit as they are a little tempremental and often stop working due to dust/hair getting into the motor,i would def buy an extended warrenty if available,saying that i wouldn't be without mine

• Advertisement

chilly wrote: »
    Thank you for that Ogham .The price on House of Fraiser seems to be for the 530 rather than the 560. It's still very expensive though.

Does anyone know how these handle rugs on floors? Are they able to mount them and hoover them too or do you have to take up all rugs before you can let the roomba off to do its thing?

Most Rugs are OK - but I usually move them just in case - because a couple of times it has got stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Irishboy29

chilly wrote: »
    Has anyone come across one of these at a reasonable price recently ?
    They seem to have gone up in price considerably since this thread came into being.Amazon.co.uk is £339.99 for one

Yep, WWW.OVERSTOCK.COM Roomba 560 refurb/ remanufactured for €250 euro delivered to your front door. Only snag is tha that you will need to buy a step down converter from 240v to 110 v as it comes from the USA. Or you can buy a charger on ebay for 11 euro delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

It's €255 including delivery here

http://www.deals4u.co.uk/product.asp?id=2711

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 thesmiler

Anyone able to find a better price in the new year?

deals4.co.uk quoted earlier has the 530 for 254 GBP now (289 Eur) and easyliving.ie has the 530 for 299 Eur, the 560 for 349 Eur.

This is significantly more than you paid a year ago, and much more than you pay in the US. Anyone able to find a better price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Roomba 560 Back in Stock at Electric Shopping for €335 according to This

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Hi, Any body get one of these lately?
    As for many of the links in this post, they seem to be incorrect at the minute.......
    Can these things be bought in stores(bricks and mortar) or are they just available on online?
    Also how about up the north are they in stores?

That link in my last post is fine.
    I have only seen them online myself - never in any shops here.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Sorry Ogham....mybad!

Meant to say that yours was correct.....I suppose that must be the cheapest around at the min....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 thesmiler

It seems the Roomba 555 is the newer model replacing the 560. Does anyone know the exact differences? I can only find the 555 in the UK though and in no store which delivers for a reasonable rate to Ireland. Anyone can find it here?

Advertisement