Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Photo Frame

Options
  • 01-12-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for some help in finding out where I can get one of these as a present?

Any info on brands/prices, shops/website links would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

here ya go...

I don't know a lot about them but look for decent resolution when comparing specs, have a look at this guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yep, the resolution is very important - no point getting a nice wide one if it's really grainy.

They were very hard to get last year, but I eventually found a good one in Argos. The ones in the photography shops were generally way overpriced for the resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Lidl had one for about 89 euro this week. Dont know what the quality was like.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

You'd expect to see these things to get cheaper and cheaper till their almost giving them away. i wouldn't spend too much on whichever model you decide to go for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Aileen1983

Yeh I saw the digital photoframe from Lidl on Ireland AM this morning - what a bargin. Has backgroung music, remote control and only €89.99. It is called the Aiptek 8".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

What's the resolution though - a big screen is not worth it if you don't have the resolution to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

From the spec of most that I have looked at, they all take USB. Does this mean you can plug a USB stick into it, and view all the images from the stick, or does it only allow you to 'download' images from the stick on to it's incredibly small amount of memory (usually about 5-10 images).

If it's the latter, i'll probably need to buy an SD card as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

I've found cnet.com to be an invaluable resource. They review lots of different technologies with lots of different reviewers. They test most aspects, and are easy to search by a product type.

Based on recommendations and reviews on that site, I've purchased a Kodak frame (EX1011). It has a 10" screen, resolution of 800x480, and wifi connectivity. I connected it to our home network, and to the kodak gallery, and it streams gallery photos down to the frame over our network.

I tried it out briefly before wrapping it, and I'm quite pleased with my purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

The Momento I-Mate is a 7" LCD with 800x480 res and wifi features like the Kodak mentioned by Kila. The Momento online service isn't working very well but I got around this problem by using a service called Dropbox which allows other family members living abroad to get photos onto the frame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 oshea1p

Digital Frames Here

You get tow main types, some which are basic display units with no added usb or SD card slots and the others that take all sorts of cards directly and also play music, movies etc etc etc. Price wist they have come down about 20-30% in the last year or so.

Cheers

Advertisement