Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about changing router

Options
  • 01-12-2008 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

For the past 2 weeks my routing to germany has been really bad, 1 hop is spiking my ping up into the 100-500 unstable, where was my ping to uk / nl ETC is fine..

Its kinda important my ping is good to germany or at least stable as its where my gaming server lies, as well as my teamspeak and ventrilo servers..

I have eircom and a standard grey netopia router, my question is, if i purchase a new router will i be routed differently or will it be exactly the same as before?

Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

A router you buy in your house is for routing local traffic towards your ISP.

Its your ISP that then routes your internet across Europe and elsewhere.

You could phone them and ask them to reroute some hops maybe. Dont think it works to well in this country. :/

Advertisement