Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

intervarsity MMA / BJJ

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

Guy in blue! Guy in blue! Guy in blue!

Guy in blue is gary robinson from QUB :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 adam197

I've got the majority of the videos taken yesterday up on YouTube now.

You can see them at www.youtube.com/qubbjj

I also have the photos taken up in the gallery at www.qub-bjj.co.uk though there aren't that many. I had intended to take a lot more but had my hands full videoing most of the day.

And thanks to the organisers for the great event. It was the first I've been to, and although I unfotunately wasnt competing, it was still a very enjoyable and entertaining experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

dasmoose wrote: »
    Guy in blue is gary robinson from QUB :p

Henceforth known as Guy in Blue. Chant of the day IMO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

just out of curiousity what was that 'hus' chant by the lads from QUB all about?

just out of curiousity what was that 'hus' chant by the lads from QUB all about?

QUB is under Revolution Team which is a Carlson Gracie school - there's a tradition of shouting "Carlson Gracie" and the team responding with "ooosh" to honour him.

We've done it before too :D

Fast forward to 2:50 to hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mz3iDJqvEs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Yeah "Guy in Blue" really stole the show, he is now bound to the same colour rash guards for life! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

if guy in blue every goes pro he has to come out to this:

QUB Revolution Team @ the intervarsities (highlight)

http://www.qub-bjj.co.uk/videos.php

It's pretty handy to train with someone who's great at web design and video editing :D

WAR Adam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

QUB Revolution Team @ the intervarsities (highlight)

http://www.qub-bjj.co.uk/videos.php

It's pretty handy to train with someone who's great at web design and video editing :D

WAR Adam :D

Haha..love it. Gotta remember to brin a vid camera to next years intervarsities..hopefully there'll be more than 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

Just want to say a big thanks to Oisin and everyone involved in getting the comp up and running. I had a great day and all the lads from UL got great experience.

Round robin for the individual event might be better next year. But I thought the team event was great fun.
    Re the points system I wasnt crazy about it as you may have seen me kicking off at some of the decisions :o. I felt that some players were scoring some points early on then sitting back for the win instead of actively trying to finish the fight (I know it makes strategic sense) but I would much rather see guys trying to finish the fight and decision going towards the more agressive fighter as opposed to sitting in guard or switching knee rides for 4mins. But anyway It was a great event and thought the atmosphere and banter really added to the event.

PS Oisin has to mostly flexible shoulders ever! I kimura'ed my little heart out to no avail :D looking forward to rolling with you again in the future!

They were a lot more flexible by the time that match finished mate ;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 redbelt

QUB is under Revolution Team which is a Carlson Gracie school - there's a tradition of shouting "Carlson Gracie" and the team responding with "ooosh" to honour him.

We've done it before too :D

Fast forward to 2:50 to hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mz3iDJqvEs
    I tough sum of u guys where SBG :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 adam197

redbelt wrote: »
    I tough sum of u guys where SBG :p:p
    As far as I know SBG isnt a university ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

As far as I know SBG isnt a university ;)

More a school of hard knocks :p

Advertisement