Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Third Policeman

Options
  • 01-12-2008 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm looking to find a copy of Flann O' Brien's 'The Third Policeman' in Russian. I know that it definitely was translated but is out of print since 2000 (I think). I've tried international Books in Dublin, and also Modern Languages, but no joy. Has anyone got any suggestions or can help me? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

May I ask - why in Russian?

I'd suggest trying online bookshops. (I don't really buy online, so I can't help...) Google's given me nothing. Also, you could try Ray d'Arcy's Fix It Friday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Arty Fufkin

Well, it's for a Russian person, who's English isn't quite good enough to enjoy it properly in English. It seems that International Books can't even source a copy for me, and it was definitely translated to Russian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

I hope it works better in Russian than it does in English! It just simply didn't work for me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

nc6000 wrote: »
    I hope it works better in Russian than it does in English! It just simply didn't work for me.

Lol. Same here.

I had to force myself to finish it. I remember the ending being rather interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

My great uncle wrote it :)

Alas havent read it, and have no plans to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Have it sitting on my bookshelf, third in a row in my 'distractions from Ulysses' pile.

(I've been reading Ulysses for a couple of months now. I'm enjoying it - no, honestly - but it's haaaard, and I like to have the occasional lighter book to read between chapters.)

Advertisement