Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a good steel dog kennel

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

dlambirl wrote: »

BACK ON TOPIC.... i got my kennel - an Kingspan insulated one. ONE HELL OF A JOB. 1metre x 1metre so its a great size and will be plenty big enough for when the pup gets bigger. Delivered for €200

That sounds good, where exactly did you get it after?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

looserock wrote: »
    That sounds good, where exactly did you get it after?

He is based in Monaghan i think, €200 and he delivered it too me. It really is an excellent job. Really warm inside it and it could fit three dogs - two big labs and my pup with ease. Delighted i got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cha the man

Hi all,

Me and the OH are after getting a golden labrador pup and by the looks of it he is gonna be a big dog when he grows up. We need to get him a kennell and would prefer getting a insulated steel one as compared to the wooden ones cos every one i've ever seen the dog has ate lumps of it.

Does anyone know where i could look about getting these or how much they cost roughly?

What size would i be needing to get for the dog - 1m x 1m??

I made an large insulated kennel for my St bernard and a smaller insulated kennel for a golden retriever, if your interested, i can arrange one. Any size, and delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭redroisin

Hi, I am an experienced QUALIFIED pet behaviour therapist and want to applaud Helenryan for her posts on this subject along with several others. Dogs are PACK animals and spend ALL there time with their pack, so to keep a dog isolated outside for most of the time is in fact cruel. People also say "ah sure we always had our dogs tied up....locked up....never inside etc" but Im telling you people it is CRUEL,CRUEL, CRUEL to isolate a dog like this!! IIt is MENTAL cruelty. How would you cope being in isolation for most of your life? Dogs have exactly the same brain chemistry as we do and get depressed or even mentally ill the same as we do, cruelty isnt just about the physical. Another cruelty which seems to happen a lot here (and yes, I will use the term cruelty with authority on the matter) is to keep the puppy as part of the family, house train it etc and THEN to throw it outside at 6mths or so to be an "outside dog"! What is wrong with you people (those of you that think this is ok) If you dont want a dog to be part of your family so that he spends at least most of his time with you except while you are at work...then get a cat!!! Oh, and the OP actually said originally that the dog/puppy was to be outside all the time, she only changed that to night time only in a later post.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

BACK ON TOPIC.... i got my kennel - an Kingspan insulated one. ONE HELL OF A JOB. 1metre x 1metre so its a great size and will be plenty big enough for when the pup gets bigger. Delivered for €200

Hi, would you mind sending me a PM of the contact details. My lab has taken chunks from his wooden kennel, and your kennel sounds ideal for him.

In relation to the negative posts directed at the o/p, you cannot judge if a dog is cruelly treated from reading a few posts. If you choose to interpret it that way, then that says something about your mentality. My dog sleeps outside in his kennel at night, but contrary to your beliefs, he is not unhappy or badly treated. In fact, his vet has often commented how happy and content he is. He can also tell that he is a well looked after dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Can you pm me too as interested

Advertisement