Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physical memory

Options
  • 01-12-2008 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,

currently my comp has 1024 mb of memory, however it runs quite slow so im looking at buying and installing extra myself..i know that different computers take different chips, short of opening up the computer and checking which name is printed on other chips, is there a way of finding this information out?

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Many sites have memory configurators where you enter some basic computer info and it brings up what memory is compatible with your machine. Try shop4memory.com or crucial.com/eu.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭stuckinarut

that would be useful but i bought it from pcworld but not in a box, and theres no other info on it.. i dont suppose theres another way to check?

Advertisement