Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rude and sarcastic currys answering service

Options
  • 01-12-2008 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I rang up 1890 400 001 like 20-30 minutes ago and I was greeted with
    a computerized answering service. When I got to the point where they were asking me which store in Dublin I think it could not understand me saying 'Tallaght' but it forwarded me to some answering service where a human girl picked it up.

Me: Is this currys?
    Girl: Yeah.(sarcastic and antagonistic)
    Me: In tallaght?
    Me: Do you have HDMI to DVI adaptors?

There was silence. She then said something like 'will ya stop it' to someone near her.

I was confused.

Me: Hello?
    Girl: Howaya?(sarcastic and antagonistic)

I then hung up.

Now I am thinking I should complain about this and get her sacked. But who do I contact? The only number I found for Currys in Ireland was that one. Should I contact the UK line?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The store is in Tallaght so she's probably a Tallaghtfornian. A lot of them speak like that. It is nothing personal, and she did answer the questions you asked.

Hardly a sacking offence. Go home and crack open a bottle of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

You hung up on her?

Maybe you should have 2 bottles of wine....and chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

it forwarded me to some answering service where a human girl picked it up.

As opposed to a robot girl? Possibly from the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Now I am thinking I should complain about this and get her sacked. But who do I contact? The only number I found for Currys in Ireland was that one. Should I contact the UK line?

Sacked coming up to Christmas!:eek: go you!!, Why not try relieving your self you seem a bit tight up.

Namesco wrote: »
    Sacked coming up to Christmas!:eek: go you!!, Why not try relieving your self you seem a bit tight up.

and uptight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

You cant get her fired she done nothing wrong.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What did she do wrong exactly.

You asked several questions, got answers, then you hung up on her.

And you want her to loose her job?

A bit of perspective is needed I think, OP.

Can someone explain how it's possible to be both sarcastic and antagonistic with just one single-syllable word?

With this lingual power I feel I could be a force to be reckoned with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I had to check what "antagonistic" meant :o

She gave quick and clear answers, that's all you can ask for.

I'm guessing you're female OP, gonna make a generalization but I reckon a guy wouldn't even think to be offended by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

it forwarded me to some answering service where a human girl picked it up.

a human girl? as opposed to an......alien one?

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    As opposed to a robot girl? Possibly from the future?
    krudler wrote: »
    a human girl? as opposed to an......alien one?

Ah...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

to get her sacked you'll have to send a transmission to her mothership. You'll need a bin lid, an elastic band and a portable nuclear reactor

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Human girls eh, what will they think of next. I for one am appalled at the amount of girls allowed to work in electronics shops these days but they are taking it a step too far with these human girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You've obviously never called Eircom!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

She answered your question didn't she? You should have asked what price it was, if she had said "yeah" then I'd be worried.

Chill out.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

micmclo wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're female OP, gonna make a generalization but I reckon a guy wouldn't even think to be offended by this.

They asked
    Me: Do you have HDMI to DVI adaptors?

Would a woman know what these are ?

(runs for cover, and put's helmet on)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Can't believe in 17 replies nobody has realised the OP is a troll :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Judging by your username perhaps you should go home and listen to oasis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 why why why

Yeah it is possible to be sarcastic in one syllable words and she was.

I've never rang up a store and they just said 'yeah' sarcastically without having to check. She wasn't listening to the question she just said 'yeah' sarcastically.

Also, I don't think it was the Tallaght store. It was some sort of answering service for Currys in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Yeah it is possible to be sarcastic in one syllable words and she was.

I've never rang up a store and they just said 'yeah' sarcastically without having to check. She wasn't listening to the question she just said 'yeah' sarcastically.

Also, I don't think it was the Tallaght store. It was some sort of answering service for Currys in general.

Yeah

The store is in Tallaght so she's probably a Tallaghtfornian. A lot of them speak like that. It is nothing personal, and she did answer the questions you asked.

Hardly a sacking offence. Go home and crack open a bottle of wine.
    Maybe you should crack open a botle of my balls?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Any more of this sort of incivility and you'll (plural) get booted. Stay on topic and polite thanks.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Any more of this sort of incivility and you'll (plural) get booted. Stay on topic and polite thanks.

DeV.
    Wow you took your time. I was under the impression there was no rules against incivility judging from his incivility. I agree with you, you all should stop the incivility and keep on topic good boys htanks.

Maybe you should crack open a botle of my balls?

That is a pretty awsome response regardless of the forum you posted in.

Really though, chill out.

And stop putting your balls in a bottle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

OP did the girl on the phone say her name, where she was working and answer with a "how may we help you?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I agree with you, you all should stop the incivility and keep on topic good boys htanks.

And saying "open a bottle of my balls" is fine is it?

Anyway, you won't be able to get this girl fired for being rude on the phone, at worst, she may get a verbal warning which would be put in her file, so forget that. You don't sound like you got her name, or even where exactly she works (you think it was Tallaght, but maybe not), so you basically have no idea who your even making a complaint about.

You'll get nowhere with this, and technically, she did answer your questions, you were the one who ended the conversation.

Advertisement