Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Eircoms service changed recently?

Options
  • 01-12-2008 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Since the upgrade I went from 3mb to 6mb, but since, it takes really long to resolve names (sites often time out), I was able to speed it up a little by using a friends server as a nameserver for a while.

That same server can see REMOVED
    but I can't here or it times out.

Anyone noticed the same?

EDIT: Okay that site was just running slow it would seem, but still is anyone else waiting up to a minute just for a name to resolve and then the site works fine there after.

side story:
    I rang eircom about lowering my down speed and not my up, but they said they can't make new "profiles", I can only imagine how simple it must be if they have separate profiles to choose from, my only option they said was to go back to 1mb and ring to upgrade each week to compare services, which I thought was silly. I want upload more than down.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hugh wrote: »
    Since the upgrade I went from 3mb to 6mb, but since, it takes really long to resolve names (sites often time out), I was able to speed it up a little by using a friends server as a nameserver for a while.

That same server can see REMOVED
    but I can't here or it times out.

Anyone noticed the same?

side story:
    I rang eircom about lowering my down speed and not my up, but they said they can't make new "profiles", I can only imagine how simple it must be if they have separate profiles to choose from, my only option they said was to go back to 1mb and ring to upgrade each week to compare services, which I thought was silly. I want upload more than down.

Try the OpenDNS DNS servers instead, they've proven popular.

http://www.opendns.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Hugh

I did for a while, but its a pain making sure your logged in, otherwise its slower, and spookily monitored.

I gained a little speed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hugh, infraction given for linking to warez site, link removed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

side story:

There are profiles set for each product. Tech support have no control over them now can they request new ones.

Oh right, Sorry, I thought that just applied to direct links, not a link to a site to a link to meta data.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Try 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 . They're level3.

Sound one, that seems to have done the trick, thanks, I'll still have to get onto eircom about a downgrade I recon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

barnicles wrote: »
    Try 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 . They're level3.

Which will be a little slow since we've no serious bandwidth in this country.

Advertisement