Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pats @ Bucs - London 2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Excellent news. With two popular teams both on Irish and UK shores and Glazer's connection's with Man united and Kraft's well-known support for the IS it was a sensible decision by the NFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

That was early. Bucs and Pats sounds like a good matchup to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Not bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Registration takes place a month earlier than usual and sales are 3 months earlier than normal. Suggests that another game in Britain/Europe is a possibility?

Should be a nice match up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Yes, I think you're right. Head of NFL UK said on Sky a few weeks ago that they wanted to make announcement first and would make any further announcements in due course so would expect there to be a second game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Having thought about it, the most likely team to give up a home game is the Jaguars as they have thousands of empty seats at every game (even when they say they're sold out they're not as thousands of the seats in the stadium are permanently covered). Do the Jaguars play the Panthers next year? Both East Coast teams so would make sense. They do play the Rams so that'd be another possibility.

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Excellent news. With two popular teams both on Irish and UK shores and Glazer's connection's with Man united and Kraft's well-known support for the IS it was a sensible decision by the NFL

Who likes the Bucs? Noone!

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=811

Their attendances dropped to gates of only just over 30,000 at some games in the 90s. That compares with teams like the Packers who have never failed to sell out Lambeau, or of course the Cowboys who pack them in all over the country, or the Pats who have become very popular since their recent success.

I do take your Glazier point, but not sure too many ManU fans are too enamoured with them enough to start backing Gruden's lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i like the buc's! i like Chucky! and i see them as kind of a sporting cousing cause of the glazer connction, also i do actually like one aspect of them on the field, i think they have the best defensive coordinator in the league, my opinion

ill be at this game for sure, but cheering for my mighty pats of course :cool:

Who likes the Bucs? Noone!

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=811

Their attendances dropped to gates of only just over 30,000 at some games in the 90s.
    I do take your Glazier point, but not sure too many ManU fans are too enamoured with them enough to start backing Gruden's lot.

I meant the Bucs have a decent sized popularity in the UK as this site might indicate. Sorry should have been clearer.

I guess the attendance bit might be the fact that they were one of the worst run Franchises during that period. I remember they drafted Bo Jackson, with the first overall pick, but they could not sign him because they had no money. Then you had the 26 game losing streak as the only bit of history they had achieved. Can't even belieive they got 30,000 turning up.

And yes the Glazers might be controversial and disliked but you can't deny the improvement the Bucs have made once he bought the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

I am, and without really any good cause, a little disapointed in the fixture. Have a mild dislking for the two teams . Pats because they were WAY too good over the last few years and the Bucs because of the Glazer connection. Totally pedanitc I know...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

What's everyones opinion on this? I went to the Saints v. Chargers and really enjoyed it. I will probably be living in London anyway next October so I'll probably head along to this.

Will you be making the trip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bazfitz

Can't wait. This will be an awesome game. Hopefully Brady will be back as Cassels is rubbish. Have tickets and prices been announced? How do you go about buying these?

bazfitz wrote: »
    . How do you go about buying these?

Yu need to register at NFLUK. Here's their Ticket information page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

bazfitz wrote: »
    Can't wait. This will be an awesome game. Hopefully Brady will be back as Cassels is rubbish. Have tickets and prices been announced? How do you go about buying these?

Cassell isnt rubbish he just isnt Brady. Jesus when will Pats fans cop on Im a pats and have seen alot worse than Cassell in my history watching the pats.

Can a mod merge this thread with the other one maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I was at the game this year. Even though my beloved Bolts got beat it was a great weekend. Must say when I heard who was playing in 09 I was tempted. If only to go and cheer on the Bucs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Now lets hope we get tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Bill Belichick is estatic about the trip.

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Sports/2008/12/01/Kraft-excited-for-Pats-London/1228169862.html

(NECN: Foxboro, Mass.) - The New England Patriots will visit jolly old England next season, and while owner Robert Kraft seems excited about the chance to spread goodwill, his head coach might not be so thrilled.

"Bill (Belichick) was the number one cheerleader to get this game and have it over there," Kraft deadpanned to reporters Monday afternoon, "He'd have really preferred to go to China," Kraft added to laughter from the assembled media.

Belichick is known to have been unhappy with a planned Patriots preseason game in China in the 2007 pre-season. That game was eventually canceled.

Kraft noted that Belichick would have prefered "anywhere to China," noting that a bye week following the game would make the transition back to the States a bit easier.

I can't wait to see Belichick deal with the press when he gets over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    I can't wait to see Belichick deal with the press when he gets over there.

Yeah it will be hilarious the Brit Media wont get him at all :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Im so there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yeah it will be hilarious the Brit Media wont get him at all :D

Its the American press that don't get him. British press are used to grumpy coaches who treat them with disdain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Dammit, why didn't they send yis to china??? :mad::pac::D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hungover.. But where the hell is register of interest for this game???

EDIT: A simple scroll down says its not going live til tomorrow

I want to regester now, I want it done so I don't have to worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Won't be going to this one. Too big a season in my football next year to miss games :(

Praying for Packers there in 2010:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

So now that a registration of interest form has been filled out, what happens next? Tickets go on sale in January, but whats the point of the reg. of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Where is this registration of interest form? Can't find it anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

its in the email they sent, down towards the bottom.
    Ive got tickets for the last 2 seasons, hope my good run holds out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Ah right, any chance someone can link it here? I don't subscribe to their newsletter.

Advertisement