Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore advice!

• 01-12-2008 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im in the middle of planning my cousin's hen party in tramore. she's in her early 30's but a lot of the crowd will be late 20's. any advice on good pubs / clubs / activities?

Im thinking of booking holiday homes as the accommodation, it will be the june bank hol weekend, any advice on which are nice, and which are cheap?!!

Also, im thinking paintballing in dungarvan, is it far from tramore? also, anyone been? is it a good laugh?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Only one club in Tramore (unless the other one is planning on re-opening again?) called The Baldy Man which can be pretty decent. Plenty of pubs to check out including The Vic (on Queen St.) and Murphs (just up from the Baldy). Both pubs are pretty popular in Tramore. The hotels have their own bars, such as The Shanty in The Sands Hotel Group or Duffys Bar in The Grand Hotel. The June Bank holiday is one of Tramores busiest periods.

As for activites it depends what your into. We have a big enough outdoor amusment park and a few indoor arcades. Splashworld is an indoor waterpark which might be a laugh for a group. I personally think you guys might enjoy Laserblast which is an indoor pursuit using lasers. Good craic for groups of all ages. If you like golfing we have a decent golf course to hit a few balls around. Other stuff includes surfing/kite surfing/body boards/swimming. Few surf shops around the beach to rent equipment if need be.

Accommodation wise.. some groups go to B&Bs or Hotels. These might be good options and im sure they do group discounts. Not sure about the holiday homes but if your interested look them up on TripAdvisor to see what there like. Most of the B&Bs & Hotels have been getting good reviews.

Dungarvan is about 40mins away and I hear the paintball there is a good craic.

Feel free to browse on Discover Tramore for more information. Its got a holiday map of Tramore (check back closer to the time, will be uploading a new one next year), detailed directions from various locations around Ireland and detailed listings on Accommodation/Activites/Restraunts (not just names and numbers!). Nightlife is rather poor at the moment and just has the hotel pubs from The Grand Hotel/Sands Hotel.

Hope that helps.. Any questions, just shout. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

great feedback, thanks!!! Is discover tramore your site? Its fab, its half the reason we picked tramore!!

I came accross the lazer blast on that site, looks like great craic, any idea on the rates? or group discounts?

Im looking into booking a table at the horse racing too, is that any good? whats the food like?

I think bowling might be the third activity, cheap and easy for hangovers!!!

thanks again for all your help!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yup, tis my baby. Work in progress. Glad you found it useful - I guess you found it through a search engine?

For the life of me, I cant remember how much Laserblast is. Its cheap enough and group discounts would have to be negotiated when you make the booking (book a few days in advance, can be busy!). Iv been there a few times and always found it brilliant. All your scores are recorded, your divided into teams and the design of the place is class. You get a print out at the end of how well you did, the best in each team, and what team won! I think you can get a personal message on the results also.

As for racing - there is no racing in June. May and August are the summer meets. Must update the website with 2009 fixtures now that I have them confirmed. An alternative would be the dogs in Waterford City. I believe that's a good craic. Bowling I assume your going to the one out in Ardkeen - its enjoyable but the equipment often breaks down which can be frustrating when you have to move lanes!

You could go karting - its a bit outside Waterford City but would be worth it. Have a look here for more info. Websites ****e but the place itself is a good craic. There is also Pitch and Putt in Waterford City. I doubt you would have much an interest in the general tourist attractions but if you want more info on it just ask. :)

There is a new business in Tramore which joined the Discover Tramore site a few weeks back but they have yet to make their listing live. Its an indoor activity where you can pain pottery. Suitable for groups according to the owners. Ill let ya know when it goes live. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think Sully covered most of your questions, but I'll just say a bit more about the pubs. One of the best (or worst) features of Tramore is the way in which almost all the pubs lie on or just off the main street in Tramore. It makes for an epic pubcrawl.

You can start in O'Neills, shoot a few games of pool and enjoy the craic. They should have a band on the weekend in question. After that you can move onto Robinsons (Sadie's) which is a nice place for a quite one. Next down the hill is Alfie's again a nice place and on the bank holiday weekend would have a band each of the nights. Once you leave Alfie's, the St. Ledger is just across the road and will also have a band each of the nights. The next pub is just off Main Street on Queen Street, this is the Vic and is probably the best and most popular pub in the town. It'll ba packed out all through the bank holiday weekend and will have some great bands. You can't go wrong with the Vic IMHO. Once, your ready to continue on your now merry way, across the road and to the left (as your leaving the Vic) is a little place called Powers (Martha's). It's a small place, but Martha is extremely nice and friendly. Once, you've finished in there, head back towards Main Street and head down towards Murphs. Like the Vic (and pretty much every other pub in the town), Murphs will be jammed on a bank holiday weekend and should have some great bands aswell. Just across the road from Murphs is the Waterfront which again, like Murphs will be jammers. Down from the Waterfront is the Slip Inn. Which is another great spot. It has a great outdoor sitting area. If you can still walk after that, the Baldy Man is a great spot to finish off the night, good music and should be packed that weekend. There is a chance the second nightclub will be open for the summer season, dunno how it'll be as each time it opens, there is something new there.

Jesus, i didn't think the post would be this long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭depaor

Why not try some surfing? you wouldnt have to leave Tramore to do it and it's brill fun.

I know Oceanic Manouvres do a hen package where you can do a group lesson, pilates and Indin head massage.

There are loads of other activities aswell like sea kayaking, rock climbing and kite surfing etc. Enjoy!

• Advertisement

Speaking of massages.. Tramore has a few massage parlors now (two of the newer ones located on Main St. below Xtra Vision and one in the old bike shed beside the Garda Station) with Bay Spa probably being the biggest provider of that type of stuff. Might be nice to get the girls pampered in Bay Spa (which is on the promenade with great views) before they head out for the night? There is also Edels which is at the end of Main St. which is very popular for that kinda stuff.

Waterford has some nice clubs/pubs if you get bored of the pub crawl in Tramore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

hi guys,

thanks a mill, all great advice!

Minto, im just gonna copy and paste your pub crawl list and use that on the night, ive never been out in waterford so its handy to have a list of good pubs ready!

depaor, i just emailed them to find out about the hen surfing package, cheers!

Sully, the june bank holiday weekend is in may theis year (!) so we will be there for one of the meets, i emailed them but im guessing they dont check their emails this time of year! Would you have an idea of what time the meets are usually on at? I found the pottery painting people through your site, so i was on to them already, might do that!

the karting looks like a great laugh too, im gonna get on to them aswell!1

oh... so many choices!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

Check out www.henparty.ie for further ideas.
    They are based near Tramore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Nigel Sage wrote: »
    Check out www.henparty.ie for further ideas.
    They are based near Tramore.

Bit of self promotion there nigel :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

scout353 wrote: »
    Bit of self promotion there nigel :rolleyes:

I have nothing to do with Henparty.ie i just thought it would be helpful. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement