Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morals and Pensions

Options
  • 01-12-2008 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else worry about what their pension money is being invested in? I know for a lot of people, the answer may be "what pension?", but I am generally quite diligent when it comes to my money and don't like the idea of knowing what it is being used for. Has anyone come across this and tried to make a change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Well, it's very easy to find out where your money is being invested. Your pension manager is legally obliged to tell you where. If you're not happy with it, there are many ethically managed funds which you may prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Yeah, luckily the company that looks after my pension is open and online so anyone can see where it invests. I don't want to go in to too much detail, but due to my employer, I can't really switch pensions. I'm kind of testing the water to see if anyone else has tried to change something this big from within?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Already been posted but there are ethical funds you can get into.
    Maybe you can switch plans with your manager.
    Or if they get enough requests, the manager may well setup an ethical fund but this takes time and realy, it's not the best time to be setting up a new fund
    But you can ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Thanks for your replies, I'll let yous know how it goes!

Advertisement