Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Indian Restaurant Ballina

• 01-12-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats happened to this restaurant??

Its been closed for the last two weeks or so.

Miss their lovely chicken jalfrezzi. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭glitter-bug

Think its closed for good, there was an ad in the western advertising it to lease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

There's a good few gone eating places closing down recently. And probably a lot more to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Yes I heard from a neighbour thats its closed. What a pity. The food was delicious from there. I was told that they were paying 900 euro a week for the lease. Never very many dining in the restaurant but the takeaway was kept going.

Ah well.

I think there will be a few more places closing too after christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Shame , Thought they were decent :(

I usually go for Jordans for the Indian if I wasnt going there , are there any other better alternatives in Ballina ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I usually get it from Neelam, out the Sligo road (at the golf club) Food usually very good.

Where is Prince - Rahily St. or Dillon Tce.?

• Advertisement

It was in Garden Street. It used to be the Garden Inn at one stage.
    Was talking to one of the traders in town yesterday and he has moved premises himself recently basically because of the prices that people are looking for renting. They are pricing themselves out of the market. I think Ballina is going to suffer big time in the new year. Over 2,000 people on the dole and no new industry or jobs being created in the town.

Took a look into Shaws new shop yesterday. Plenty of people in it and they have a lot of stuff marked down with a third off the prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I heard Shaws is doing pretty badly lately and likely to close very soon. Ballina has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country aparently at 19% so all these closing businesses are not going to help the town.

That would be terrible if Shaws were to close so soon as they are only open a few months. I was driving around by it this evening and was surprised that it was not open late as I thought it usually opened late on Friday nights. I know a few people who are working there and I hope for their sake it does not close and they lose their jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Shaws is only a leased property so it wouldn't be surprising if it did close, but I agree it brings a good bit of business to the town.

Advertisement